Thursday, July 14, 2011

Bridal Shower Flowers

Just in case you didn't know, I'm kind of a master bridesmaid. Let's see... I've been a bridesmaid 6 or 7 times and a maid of honor (okay, matron...) one of those times. I think I've mastered some of the skills you need to become a master bridesmaid and one of them is creating a tail kicking bow bouquet. At the bridal shower, one of the bridesmaids uses a paper plate and all of the gift bows to create a bouquet that the bride will use as her stand-in on the night of the wedding rehearsal. Have you seen a better one?


Hey, Jen, please don't kill me for putting you on the blog. I love you! You're the most beautiful bride and I'm sooooo excited to watch you become a Mrs. in less than 2 months!

Jen has been one of my best friends since we were 13! Or maybe it was 14, but I'm pretty sure it was 13. Okay, 8th grade. That makes it a hell of a lot easier. She was a bridesmaid in my wedding (almost five years ago!) and I'm so happy she asked me to stand beside her while she marries the man of her dreams in September! Most of you know that I traveled up to Virginia to visit my parents last week. The main reason of the trip was to get to Jen's shower! I elongated the vacay, of course, to spend time with family! Bridal showers are tricky business when you don't know the crowd, so I had to choose pretty safe attire. I kept it classic and comfortable, but tossed in some color so I could express myself a bit!

dress: Simply Vera*Vera Wang via Kohl's
belt: New York & Company
shoes: Bandolino via Ross, gifted by Rochelle


This little photo shoot was courtesy of my little brother and took place on my parents' deck. I asked him to take interesting pictures and look around for good background opportunities. His idea? Blow Little S' bubbles. Done.


To keep everyone safe and private, I won't name names! But here's Jen (oops, hey name dropper) and some of her bridesmaids (and that amazing bow bouquet).

What are some wedding traditions you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!