Monday, August 29, 2011

Styling maurices: Ditsy

A while back I wrote about meeting with a Brand Marketing Lead, Kristie, from maurices. This blog series is long overdue, mostly because I was trying to do the experience justices. maurices provided me with a $100 gift card and the evening I met with Kristie, she also introduced me to the brand, the different lines within it, and spent a few hours styling me at our new Greenville store. It was so much fun! I'm usually the one styling people, so it was really cool to be on the other end for once. This week, I will post an outfit including one or more of the items I bought from maurices, either with the gift card or with my own money. It was about halfsies including tax, just to give you an idea. Every day except tomorrow (Trendy Tots Tuesday!), I'll show you these pieces, talk about why I chose them, and on Sunday, I'll review the brand and my entire experience!

Today, I'm featuring the Belted Floral Chiffon Dress in "Earth Red Combo." It has a beautiful ditsy flower print in perfect fall colors, a smocked natural waistline, and comes with a skinny brown belt. I've worn it to church already and had plenty of compliments, but I'm most excited to style it with chunky sweaters and boots when the weather cools off a bit! I paired this flowy piece with taupe Harem Wedge Slingbacks, also from maurices. These babies are SO comfortable and so on cue with the wedge trend. I also love how they sort of change depending on what you're wearing. Sometimes they look more tan and sometimes they look more green.




Ahem, please excuse my chipped toenail polish. Rest assured, Little S. has gorgeous toes, painted with Ulta's "mint condition." I'm following suit very soon.


Kristie chose this dress for me because I was drooling over it on the display. I pretty much love everything floral and everything dress. The shoes were a pick I wouldn't have chosen for myself, but I'm so glad Kristie grabbed them for me because I'm in love! I'd love to hear your ideas for styling this dress in the coming season! I plan to wear it all.the.time because of its insane comfort and perfect colors!

Please pray for my mommy. She went into surgery early this morning, hopefully to get rid of the VERY LAST BIT of thyroid cancer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!