Saturday, September 17, 2011

Etsy Announcement

... FINALLY, right?!?!

I don't know how long I've been taunting that I'm opening an Etsy shop. A year? Maybe longer! I started with making elastic waistband skirts. And while I really enjoy doing that for myself, my daughter, and my friends, I feel very pressured with sewing projects when I'm working on something that I'm getting paid for. I need anxiety medicine to work with my sewing machine on a regular basis, so I decided that probably wasn't a good route for me to turn down. In lieu, I have decided to pursue the shabby-chic fabric flower kingdom. While I realize that rolled fabric flowers are everywhere, I really enjoy making them! Please check the shop often, because I will be making some items that are "common" fabric flower crafts, but I'm also bringing some new ideas to the green scene and I'm psyched!!! Creating flowers is stress relieving and I'm always pleased with the perfect imperfections of the flowers I make. I've seen some that are so sickeningly beautiful and sometimes I wish mine looked like that. But they don't. I love them- loose ends and all. I've made a few things for family and our home, but I made my very first item for sale and officially opened A Little Bit of This... Etsy shop!!!

My lone item looks kind of sad all by itself, but rest assured, I have more coming! I figured if I went ahead and stuck the wreath in the shop, I'd be able to move forward. Opening my shop (my own business, if you will) has been a long-time dream of mine and I'm praying and praying that it will *someday* be a source of income that will allow me to stay at home to raise our family, as you all know that's my major life goal. I know you're all waiting with bated breath, so here's the debut item in my brand spankin' new shop!




I named the wreath for my best good friend in North Carolina, Linds. She's gotten me back into working with my creativity and has been inspirational in all walks of life! This one's for you, lady. I LOVE YOU! Thank you for supporting and encouraging me!!! I'm so ready for our fall extravacraftaganza!

Now, who's gonna go buy this baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!