Friday, September 23, 2011

Project Self: Weight Watchers

Could you fill out this little survey for me? It won't hurt and it'll take juuuuust a sec. 
<--- THANKS!

"If you don't know me by now, you'll never never never know me (oooooo)."
Basically, that's how I feel about Weight Watchers. Right? If you don't know about it, you never will. Or you've been hiding under a rock. Whether you need to lose weight or not, WW is prevalent in our media. There's a reason for that. IT WORKS. The thing about it, though, is that it's not a diet. Like everyone who ever tells you about leading a healthy life, they are preaching a "lifestyle change" and not a quick fix. That means once you've started on and had success with WW, you have TO STAY on the plan for life. You might not need to count every point once you meet your goal weight, but that's mostly because you've got it down pat. Not because you aren't watching what you're eating. Once you've calculated your points for X amount of time, you can calculate points in your sleep.

This, my friends, is why I have jumped on the Weight Watchers bandwagon. Jennifer Hudson may have a personal trainer and a hired chef to look that good, but my mom doesn't. And she looks amazing. I used WW to lose 20 lbs before my wedding, and then, of course, I hopped off. I paid homage, said my "Thank yous" and moved on.

Here I am: 179.8
pants size: 16-18
top size: L


Here's a mid-way goal: 150
pants size: 12
top size: M


And... I don't have a photo of my goal weight because, well, I'd have to dig through old photos and scan it in and that's just a whole lot of work for right this second! I wonder if I even have those photos or if they're all at my mom's house. I should get them, right? And plaster them in my closet so my hot little self is staring at me all the time. Now I'll go eat a piece of humble pie so I can calm myself down just a little bit. Simma down now, self.

last time I weighed: 182.4
current weight: 179.8
down: 2.6
lbs. to go: 59.8

And I don't know if you've noticed, but this is the second mini-goal (you might recognize the second photo in this post, ahem...) I've hit, with which I promised to reward myself with new tennis shoes. If you remember, though, I already did that. So I'm just going to peace on out to a cabin with Husband next week to celebrate our five year anniversary, lounge in the lap of luxury (ie: hot tub on a cabin balcony in the woods), and take that as my 180 reward. 

What have you been doing to take care of yourself this week? If you aren't linking up, I'd still love to read a comment about one thing you've done for YOU this week!

And if you haven't, yet, make sure to enter to win the beautiful initial necklace (personalized for you, of course) by clicking the button below!





Ready. Set. LINK!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!