Saturday, March 24, 2012

Baby Bean Update: 25 Weeks

Well, Bean and I had a very eventful end of our week, to say the least. We (and Little S) were in our first car accident yesterday. It was all my fault, as I was turned around at a red light, trying to calm S down, reassuring her that she was, indeed, not going to starve to death. And while I was facing backward, my foot slipped off the break and onto the gas, when I rear-ended the woman in front of us. Thankfully, she was the first person in line at the light and I didn't create a domino collision. And more thankfully, everyone is okay. My car is scratched and has some cracked chrome as well as some minor damage to the metal work under the hood. But my Nissan Murano did some hefty work to her little Toyota Camry and she can no longer close her trunk. We filed with insurance, called the police, I got cited... It was a sha-bang. It wasn't until about halfway through the police report that I realized my belly was feeling very bruised on the left side. I touched it and it was very tender where I hit the steering wheel. You might think my seat belt should have stopped me from hitting the steering wheel, but my belly is already right on top of the wheel because of my height. Not thinking much of it, I went on with my day until I remembered, "Oh! I'm six months pregnant... I should probably get the baby checked out." I was really emotional the whole afternoon, feeling very guilty for causing the accident and thankful that S was perfectly unharmed. But I had been focusing so much on the visible that I sort of forgot the little body that's growing inside of me.

Needless to say, a trip to Urgent Care ended up as a trip to the ER, which ended up as a trip to Labor and Delivery. Scary? Mega. And I was by myself because I didn't want Husband to bring S to the hospital until I knew everything was okay. They hooked me up to the fetal monitor right away and Bean sounded awesome. She was moving and her heart rate was perfect in the 150s. Soon after, I was sent for an ultrasound to make sure all the fluids were okay and the placenta was still attached. Luckily, the ONLY injury sustained was the bruise across my belly. Just to err on the side of safety, my OB called in orders for me to stay overnight and be monitored. I was bummed because I was alone and freezing cold, knowing I wouldn't sleep a wink because of people coming in to adjust monitors and take my vitals. But it was nice to be released early this morning with no more than directions to take it easy.

top: Oh Baby, cardigan: Eddie Bauer, jeans: Old Navy Maternity, shoes: c/o Maurices

In other ultrasound news, Bean is 110% a girl, just in case anyone (or I) was having second guesses from finding out so early. She is measuring right on track for my due date and is moving like a little fish. She was sucking her thumb, kicking all around, and she's breech. It doesn't really matter because I'm having a c-section. Hopefully she'll take her next few imperative weeks to move, though, because the low kicks are sort of painful. Her thighs already look a little chunky. So cute. She was measuring about 1 lb. 11 oz. and I'm so in love with her, it's not even funny!

Here's a photo of me at 25 weeks with Little S. My, my, how things have changed!

To everyone who wished Bean and I the best while we were at the hospital, thank you so much. It's wonderful to know we have such an amazing support system! 

Don't forget to enter for your chance to win these gorgeous pearl earrings from Scarlet Samples! 
Giveaway ends Monday at 11:59 ET!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!