Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Comeback with the Bangs

I wrote on my facebook page, last night, that I've been away for a while. My family has suffered the loss of a deeply loved member and while struggling to stay afloat, emotionally, I dove into prayer and sought to deepen my relationship with the Lord. During my time of prayer, it was revealed to me that I have lost myself in emotional wallow and a bit in the robotics of motherhood and family management. While I adore my position in life, I realize, now, that writing is a core part of my creative being and this blog has been a sweet landing place for several years. 
I've drafted out some ideas and taken a quick poll on facebook, but if you're still reading, I'd love to hear your input, too. While I plan to let the blog take shape as I get back into a routine, I also would like to have a moderately narrowed focus. Part of my being overwhelmed enough to put coming back off was that I have too many ideas and can't seem to pin down where I want the blog to go. I have a personal journal and am not interested in making this such. There will be sprinklings of the girls, here and there, and of course, I'm still an open book. But I'm writing for my friends, family, myself, and for any other sweet reader who cares to ice the top of my little internet corner cake. The ideas I've journaled out for possible focus are:
a) fashion/beauty (personal style and product reviews)
b) mommy/family
c) recipes/meal planning
d) journey with organization and redecorating the home
f) "come along with me" vlogs and blogs
g) DIY
h) health/weight loss
If you wouldn't mind taking a moment and commenting with your top 2-3 favorite ideas, I'll love you forever! Thanks a bunch!

Now, back to regularly scheduled programming:
Y'all, I got bangs. If you follow along on facebook, instagram, or twitter, you already know this. I turned 30 last Thursday and decided I was going rogue. I had plans of dyeing my hair some radical shade of deep red or going with a pixie cut. Instead, I opted for bangs. I'm so daring.
 dress (hiked up as tunic): Target, tee/cardigan/leggings: Old Navy, boots: Diba
So glad to be back! Stay tuned for the Influenster J'Adore VoxBox unboxing and review, We Love Colors neon tie dye tights for work, and a review of one of the most gorgeous dresses I've ever laid eyes on, from Bitter Root Vintage! Can't wait to share! Please leave a comment with your top 2-3 blog focus ideas! Thanks a bunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!