Monday, February 14, 2011

Birthday Weekend Round-Up

Everyone, I cannot thank you all enough for the sweet birthday wishes via email, twitter, and the blog. You  are so loving and supportive and I appreciate every.single.one of you. I'm sorry I haven't been around to read and comment over the past few days! I've been trying so hard to separate my virtual life and my real life and spend time with my friends and family for my birthday. It's official. I've turned 27. I was so afraid of the number for some reason, but of course, like any other year, I don't feel different. I feel happy and blessed and I feel ready to take on a new year of life. You all know I've had my ups and downs, lately, but I'm just a normal woman going through the motions of life, trying to thoroughly enjoy each day. Sometimes, I try too hard and that's what gets me sad. I can't manage to juggle EVERYTHING and I just can't figure out how to be perfect. No one is, though, and I don't have to beat myself up about every flaw and each second that I might have let pass me by. Life is here to be lived. Hello, year 27!

My best friend, Christina, came to spend the weekend with Husband, Little S. and I, and we played outside, drank margaritas (Little S. did not, I assure you), Christina did my hair (cut and loooowlights!), we exercised, and watched movies and caught my boyfriend, Eminem, on the Grammys. You may have seen my tweet, asking for 24 hours with Eminem for my 28th birthday present. I just wanted to round-up my weekend in a few photos for you. Yes, it's photo-heavy, but I couldn't help sharing some of my sweet memories with you all. Hope you don't mind!

Also, thank you to my amazing husband and mother-in-law for my brand spanking new camera! I'm still figuring it out and I have tons to learn, but I received the Canon PowerShot SX 30 IS as a birthday gift, and I have high hopes that it's going to help me to not only better the blog, but also capture some extremely special and beautiful family memories!


 navy bandage tank: WalMart
grey cardigan: New York & Company
jeans: Charlotte Russe
flats: Whitneyed
Check out this brassy blonde hair- and say, "Goodbye!"
That's right, tomorrow, I'll be debuting some trimmed, natural dirty blonde locks. I couldn't be happier for healthier hair that requires less maintenance! Thank you, talented best friend!

Special thanks to Marilou of Twenty York Street for featuring me in Twenty York Loves, yesterday! It was so thoughtful of her to air the post on my birthday!

And be sure to keep your eyes open for a special project launch with We Love Colors, this week!

And don't forget, it's time for Melissa's and Hope's awesome feature, Fabulous in February!
Link up on one of their blogs and share three things that you LOVE about yourself! This is a great way to get us all thinking positively and to show ourselves and each other that we are amazing and capable of extraordinary things!

1. I was scared to turn 27, but it's just a number, and I'm confident that this is going to be such an awesome year for me, because I'm strong enough to make sure it happens.
2. I'm a really good mother. Sometimes, I worry that if I do a load of laundry or vacuum a room, I'm going to miss out on something important. But things need to get done around the house, and I'm not going to miss a momentous occasion for walking to the laundry room and grabbing a pile of stuff to fold.
3. I have pretty hair. I wasn't loving it, lately, because it was getting long and scraggly and the color needed to be redone. But today, I conceded to nature and asked my best friend to dye it back to its natural dirty blonde color, then trim it. And she did a gorgeous job. I LOVE MY HAIR.

13 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a great weekend. i cant wait to see your new hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for turning 27...you are close in age to me now! haha..
    i am so happy you had a wonderful birthday..you def. deserve it!!!
    you and lilS look beautiful..you two are so flippin cute!
    i <3 you...
    happy valentine's day!!
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that ruffly blue top on you! I'm so glad you had a good birthday. What a super special best friend to come into town and spend it with you! You deserve best friends like that. :) I can't wait to see your new hair!

    You ARE a good mom. You're a GREAT mom. And you ARE strong. And you have BEAUTIFUL hair.

    And I adore you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You lucky duck, a new camera and a new hairdo too! This promises to be a good year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday. You look cute, and your daughter looks adorable.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww...great pics...love them all.....so happy you got a new camera....very cool!! Cant wait to see your new hair....Im behind on blog reading....took a day off yesterday and spent it with the kiddos:)

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Enter my Silver Lining Décor Jewelry Giveaway!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. How I Met Your Father BlogFebruary 15, 2011 at 8:51 AM

    happy happy birthday!! such great photos!! glad to hear you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, you mentioned me here babe! That is so sweet, thank you! I was going to e-mail you to tell you that the interview post is up but you already saw it!

    Love ya KP!

    besos,

    ML

    Join the Easiest Blog Project Ever at:

    Twenty York Street

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited that you got a camera!!! That cardigan is extra cute too just so you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. http%3A%2F%2Fmigrawork%2Ecom%2Fimages%2Famw%2Ephp

    ReplyDelete
  11. http%3A%2F%2Fmigrawork%2Ecom%2Fimages%2Famw%2Ephp

    ReplyDelete
  12. http%3A%2F%2Fmigrawork%2Ecom%2Fimages%2Famw%2Ephp

    ReplyDelete
  13. http%3A%2F%2Fmigrawork%2Ecom%2Fimages%2Famw%2Ephp

    ReplyDelete

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!