Tuesday, April 26, 2011

How Much is Too Much?

If you know me, you know the answer to the title question is that when it comes to color, I don't really think there is a "too much" zone. Okay, I guess I don't want to look like the product of rainbow vomit, but really, I like to mix it up. Kind of a lot. So, I featured these tights last week, on We Love Colors Wednesday, and then, I did a Ways to Wear Guest Post for Rochelle on Friday. This was one of the outfits I posted and I got quite a few compliments on it, via email. I decided to go ahead and give it a go. What do you all think? Too much for the work place? Remember that I don't have a strict dress code. And remember people have come to expect even more quirk from me than this little ol' outfit.

Really, when it comes to color, how much do you think is too much?

fuchsia blouse: Walmart, thrifted, from Rochelle!
grey dress shorts: New York & Company (tags still in.. can't decide)
scout green tights: c/o We Love Colors
shoes: Nine West, handed down from Whitney
necklace: The Body Shop
belt: New York & Company

p.s.- What do you think about the bangs to the side?



p.p.s.- Husband, I love you for making my legs look thin and my whole self look much, much taller than 4'11". Note to readers: These photos are total eye tricks. I have cottage cheese thighs. Even in tights.
Husband + Camera = visual miracles.


I hope everyone had a really nice Easter (and if you don't celebrate, I hope you had a great weekend)! We really enjoyed the time off of work and away from North Carolina. Friday, Husband worked on the car all day and Little S. and I rode around, looking at the tornado damage. It was devastating, but kind of awesome to see how neighbors were all rallying together to clean up the debris and make repairs. I cried. A lot. And then I prayed, thanking God that Husband's parents (a mere mile from where the tornado took down trees, houses and power lines) were safe and unscathed. Saturday, we took Little S. to the in-laws' church for an egg hunt. Because we weren't members, the munchkin didn't seem to get the same treatment as the rest of the kiddos. For instance, parents weren't allowed in the egg patch, so the church volunteers were leading the 1-4 year olds around to find eggs. No one knew S, so she was left in the dust. I hopped in to point some things out to her and was promptly yelled at. Don't worry, though. She found 14 goodies AND won a prize basket. Take that. Easter Sunday was the most fun. We woke up to amazing baskets from the Easter Bunny. Little S. got a beautiful wooden doll cradle, crafted by the Amish. She also got coloring books, reading books, the movie "Tangled," some adorable Spring outfits, and way too much candy. Husband and I shared a basket, mostly comprised of goodies from Harry & David (sesame garlic tortilla chips, pineapple salsa, moose munch, and Cold Stone flavored Jelly Bellies)! We each got a gift card, as well. Mine is to Kohl's, so I'm hoping to snag one of Lauren Conrad's new floral dresses before I make a surprise visit this weekend. After getting ready on Sunday, we headed to the Virginia zoo, where S was amazed by every single animal. She also only had ONE (count that, again) wet diaper ALL DAY. I was so proud. 

I was a good Momma and put sunscreen on Little S' sweet skin 4 times while at the zoo. I only put it on myself once. 
Sun: 1
Kimberly: 0
It's on.

Only two more days to enter the

Guys, you get a CHOICE of which item you want to win.
Hello... DON'T miss out! Get your tushie over there, now!

*****

And don't forget to go enter the Biggest Giveaway EVER with Jackie Ranson Photography!
Today's the last day!

*****

One more! You have just 'til the end of this week to enter Heather's 100 Follower Giveaway over at Blonde... Undercover Blonde! DO IT!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!