Friday, September 16, 2011

Project Self: YOU Time

Usually, I write about weight loss, fitness, and otherwise health-related things on Project Self day, but today's topic is JUST as important (if not moreso) for you to stay on the track to a healthy, happy self. I'm talking about YOU time. When was the last time you did something for yourself? When did you put yourself at the top of your ever-important, ever-inflating list of things to do? This week, I've realized that once again, I put myself at the bottom of the list and it's effected the way I eat, the way I treat my family, and the way I dress and blog.


Last night, my neighbor (Hi, Linds!) invited me to small group/bible study with her. It was AMAZING to go off, meet some new friends, let husband care for Little S. (feed her/bathe her, etc) and really do something for myself. I feel blessed to call Thursday nights "my time," now. I'm obviously not saying that you have to do something religious to celebrate yourself, but ever since I started going to church a few months ago, my outlook on life has really gotten more centered. I'm less worried about money and more concerned about my and my family's happiness. I took on some extra hours at work a few months ago and have since talked to my boss about going back to the older hours where I'll have afternoons off every other week. It was really hard to say goodbye to the extra pay. But it's more important that I have peace in my home and spend more time with my daughter, one-on-one. 

Thank goodness for understanding.

So, LINK UP, friends. This week is all about doing something for yourself that makes you feel like your very own number one! It's more important than you think. And putting yourself first makes a world of difference in all aspects of your life.

READY. SET. LINK!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!