Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Guest Post: Jasmine of AdamAlexMommy

When I put out a call on Twitter for momma style bloggers to help me out with a week of guest posts, the beautiful Jasmine of AdamAlexMommy was the first to volunteer her time and talents. Thank you SO much, girl! I'm so glad to be able to lean on my fellow bloggers in a time of need (for REST!). Jasmine is not only gorgeous, but is always finding time not only to share her awesome wardrobe, but also her family with us. Read on and be sure to visit her adorable blog! Thanks so much for stepping in, girl!

Mossimo sweater poncho ($24.99) | Xhilaration jeggings ($3.24) | earrings ($3.49)
Merona flower-detail cardigan ($7.49) | Merona wrap dress ($7.49) | J.Crew leopard belt (24.99)
Mossimo safari dress ($14.99) } Calypso for Target necklace ($9.99)
Merona floral shirt ($7.49) | Calypso for Target silk scarf ($6.49)
(Photos property of AdamAlexMommy.  All Rights Reserved.)
Hello, everyone!  I'm Jasmine of AdamAlexMommy, and I am very excited to guest-blog for "a little bit of this" blog.  I am a SAHM of two kids (5 & 2 yrs), and I refuse "to let go" just because my job is to stay home and take care of the kids.  

I believe that everyone can look fabulous with a bit of effort in putting together your look.  Comfort is key for me, since I am always chasing after my kids.  Instead of reaching for sweats and sweatshirts, I try to find pieces that flatter my frame while being comfortable at the same time.  I am petite, and I find that wearing leggings, skinny jeans or slimmer pants elongates my legs.  I love wearing dresses over leggings and skinny jeans, and absolutely love layering.   You can bring out any outfit by having fun with accessories--your look can go from bland to fabulous with just one accessory.  It doesn't have to match all the time... so wear bright earrings for a pop of color that doesn't match your shirt at all; or throw on a belt over your cardigan, which is a very different pattern than your dress or skirt; and wear a statement necklace or a multi-color scarf to for that extra "stylish" factor.  :)

And looking great doesn't have to cost much.  All the pieces I am wearing here are from Target, and with the exception of the sweater poncho (first photo), all the items were found on the clearance rack, which was marked down at least twice. (I am wearing the same jeggings in all the photos.)  Experiment with fashion and have fun with it.  We, women are fabulous, and it is our party!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!