Hi, friends! I didn't get to do a Bean update yesterday because we tore our house up! I had no idea that in the process of redoing Little S' bedroom, we would literally have to take everything in our house apart. The crib was in our bedroom, the changing table was in what will be the nursery, the dresser was still in the middle of S' room, our bedroom entertainment center become S' new dresser, the shelves in our makeshift pantry become shelving in S' room, the shelving in what will be the baby's closet moved to the pantry, the bookshelf was in the hallway... A SHAMBLES. I cried a lot yesterday. A lot. Anyway, this is going to be a long post because I'm going to do an outfit post, belly shot, baby update, and a blog buddy tag that Maggie of Finding Myself tagged me in last week! Thanks, girl! This was really fun.
cami: Rue 21
gingham shirt: Old Navy
I think it's safe to say this shirt won't button in one more week...
jeans: Old Navy
necklace: Barberry & Lace
(but I found them on the floor of an empty auditorium)
I feel like my belly looks smaller than last week. Weird. Over the last week, I endured an insane sinus infection that I'm still trying to get over. It seriously kicked my butt. The only pregnancy discomforts I've experienced recently are lower back pain, a bit of round ligament pain, and unfortunately, brushing my teeth makes me throw up. I'm not gagging myself. It's the smell and taste of toothpaste. I've tried three kinds and think I'll have to go get some of the Crest Whitening Expressions that are flavored differently. I think they have herbal, tropical, cinnamon, and vanilla. The mint stuff is NOT working with me. And let me tell you how inconvenient it is to throw up after you brush your teeth. It's LAME. Because then, you have to brush them again and the whole game starts over.
Bean moves a lot at night when I wind down and it's the coolest feeling. Still just little flutters and swimming movements, but I know it's the baby and it's really special. Sometimes I just can't wait to get in bed so I can enjoy the few minutes I get to feel him/her before I drift off. I've been drinking a lot of chamomile and peppermint tea to keep myself calm and relaxed. It works SO well. If you're pregnant, try it! And the tea has such a wonderful flavor that you don't need any sugar or sweetener at all.
OUR ULTRASOUND IS ON TUESDAY (and so is Little S' third birthday!!!)...
We can't wait.
Blog Buddy Tag
1. You must post these rules.
2. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
11 Things About Me:
1. I used to be extremely OCD about cleaning house until I became a mother. Now, I just let it drive me crazy and no longer take anxiety meds because of it.
2. I can't wait to dye my hair this summer. It's getting really dark and it's making me sad!
3. The prospect (err... reality) of becoming a mother of two freaks me out. I hope I'm good at it and I have mini breakdowns twice weekly in fear of failure.
4. I've lived a life I cannot afford for quite some time. Regularly going to church since last summer, meeting new friends, and relishing in my walk with Jesus has taught me what's really important in life. Hint: It' ain't in the clothes, sista.
5. I used to be afraid of what people would think of me if I openly discussed my love for being a Christian. I don't care what people think, anymore. It's awesome.
6. I floss every day.
7. Turquoise is my new favorite color and I'm extremely jealous of my daughter's new bedroom. I wish I could have it.
8. If we have a boy, we have no clothes for him, but a whole bedroom scheme planned out. If we have a girl, we have tons of clothes for her, but no idea how to decorate a bedroom.
9. I try to eat a high fiber, high protein breakfast every morning and drink at least 96 oz. of water a day.
10. I hate exercising. HATE IT WITH A PASSION. But if you can make me think I'm not exercising, I'm game. ie: Taking my daughter for bike rides while I walk the neighborhood makes me really happy!
11. I tell everyone I'm 4'11", but I'm really 4'10ish".
1. What are you most scared of?
Losing a parent
2. How do you feel about bugs?
I scream bloody murder pretty much every time I see a bug that's not an ant or fly.
3. How adventurous are your eating habits?
Not very. I've gotten a lot better since before college, but I'm still not up for trying a whole lot of new things. I'll eat some deer meat, but usually only if I know my uncle shot and prepared it. I don't eat sushi. Ever.
4. Dream Job?
Stay at Home Mom + Personal Stylist (for pregnant women and mothers)
5. Ever used the bathroom that’s designated for the opposite sex?
Absolutely! You've gotta go when you've gotta go!
6. Lady Gaga – gifted or just weird?
Both? Her voice is unmatched, she writes most of her own music, is a killer performer, and is super captivating. I just wish she'd rethink some of her wardrobe choices. :)
7. What is the most inappropriate thing you’ve ever done or said to someone?
I don't think it's appropriate for me to say that here.
But once, I did call someone stupid at Subway for asking the cashier if he could use a coupon that he left in the paper at home.
8. Congratulations! You just won the lottery! What’cha gonna do with that money?
Pay off ours and our family's debt, buy a huge lot of land, and build a family compound.
9. Favorite dessert?
10. Do you believe in aliens?
I wonder if they believe in us... Really, we're the ones who are going to do the invasion, take over, and use their resources.
11. Best date ever.
They day my boyfriend took me to the beach for a day trip and proposed with an airplane flying a banner across the sound. We went to a fancy dinner and enjoyed our newfound engaged-ness. Still remains the best date... and it was almost 7 years ago!
1. At first sight, is it love or just lust?
2. If you had a week all to yourself, no work, no interruptions, what would you do?
3. Cats or dogs?
4. I prefer grey weather and most don't, but if you had to endure it, would you rather have rain or snow?
5. If you have kids, do you want more? If you don't have kids, do you want any?
6. When decorating, do you find yourself more contemporary or classic?
7. How would you describe your personal style in three words?
8. You're on a road trip and all there is to eat is fast food. Where do you go and what do you get?
9. Which do you hate more: dusting or folding laundry?
10. Guilty pleasure?
11. Have you ever colored your hair?
Don't forget to enter the Darling Sparrow giveaway!