Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Late Bean Update (18 Weeks) & the Meal Plan

Wow, everything's a little belated around here lately. I can't apologize, though. I'm off enjoying things like my kid's birthday and my growing belly! I also just enjoyed two unexpected days off of work, in which Little S and I made the house spic and span, spent time organizing, cooking, doing laundry, donating to Goodwill, spending gift cards, and going to the park. Really... I can't complain.

If you missed the announcement last week, we found out Bean's gender and SHE is a GIRL! Yep, lots of prom dresses, two weddings, make-up, expensive skin products... Here we go. We're both over the moon and I was really worried that Husband would be disappointed. I think I was driving him crazy by checking on him to make sure he was okay. Two little girls to wrap Daddy around their fingers? I think he's game.

dress: Motherhood
leggings: be Maternity for Target
boots: Payless
scarf: Christmas gift from Christina


That top one isn't really a fair belly shot because the scarf is quite the minimizer (thanks, Christina!). Rest assured, I'm growing exponentially. I've only gained 2.5 lbs at this 18 week mark, though, and for that I am super thankful! I have a feeling that once I hit 20 weeks, I'll start packing the weight on at a faster rate and I'll have to push my walks a little faster and farther. Bean's ultrasound went great. She has all of her parts, her heart and brain were perfect, and she's a MOVER! I knew that already, since she's constantly having a dance party in my belly. For any of you who know Yo! Gabba Gabba, you know the "There's a Party in my Tummy" song that Brobee sings. That's my new theme song. Minus the food part (and the "so yummy, so yummy"). That's just creepy.

This week we're eating:

Monday - Tacos

Tuesday - Lemon Spaghetti with Broccoli & Chicken and Side Salad
1 box angel hair pasta
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup EVOO + some for cooking chicken
1/3 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese + some for serving
Italian seasoning
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli
Your favorite salad ingredients

- Cook pasta according to package
- Boil broccoli to preferred texture
- Bake chicken breasts with a bit of EVOO & Italian seasoning
- In a mixing bowl, combine EVOO, lemon juice, and Parmesan cheese + 1/2 of hot pasta water
- Drain pasta, add broccoli and (cubed) chicken, mix in sauce
- Serve with a dash of Italian seasoning and reserved Parmesan on top
- Make a salad and serve together!

Wednesday - Black Bean & Zucchini Enchiladas

Thursday - Leftovers

Friday - Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry with Brown Rice

Saturday - Bowtie Pasta Bake

Sunday - Tomato, Feta, Red Onion & Bacon Paninis with Sauteed Green Beans

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!