Saturday, March 10, 2012

Baby Bean Update: 23 Weeks

Bean got moving and shaking this week like she never has before. I can finally feel AND see her jabs from the outside. It's pretty magical and I feel like I'm really starting to form a strong bond with her. Also, I completely blame her for my desire to eat. And eat, and eat, and eat. 
So much for that slooooow and steady weight gain.

shirt: Oh Baby
cardigan: Eddie Bauer
jeans: Old Navy
heels: Ross (gifted from Rochelle)
scarf: c/o Happy Scarf

I've been wanting to try this light/dark purple combination for a while, but to be honest, I couldn't find my sweater. Yesterday, I realized that my husband hung it over the rocker in the baby's room to dry. Poor thing- he's so scared to shrink anything else! I really like the outcome, but more than anything, the scarf added the desperately needed something to the outfit. And had I not had the scarf, I probably wouldn't have been able to justify heels... which would have been a problem, considering I hemmed these pants too long and am too lazy to fix them.



This week, I've still experienced the crucial low back/lumbar pain. It was so acute on Monday evening (after scrubbing the kitchen and dining room floors on my hands and knees - no, I don't own a mop or a working swiffer wet) that I literally fell to my knees on the way to the bathroom and crawled. It was awesome. And I'm having sciatica attacks in the middle of the night where I'm forced to switch sides at least every hour to relieve the numbness and tingling down which ever leg I'm lying on. All of these things happened to me during my pregnancy with S, but not until about 30 weeks. The only other "negative" symptom I've had is recurring migraines. But I blame the weather because the dang barometric pressure can't stay put for two weeks in a row. Yes, I'm one of those.

Otherwise, I'm healthy, feeling well, and as tight and stretched as my tummy skin feels, I'm so happy to see that baby is growing and to feel her constantly moving and shaking in there. I told Husband, though... I hope when she has less space, she calms down quite a bit. If not, I'll have two dislocated lower ribs just like I had with S. Oh, being short and pregnant...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!