Saturday, April 14, 2012

Baby Bean Update: 28 Weeks

I thought last week was my warm welcome to the third trimester, but apparently there are some discrepancies as far as when the third trimester starts (27 or 28 weeks). So, I'll officially announce that it's finally the third trimester, starting today! I'm really not sure why 40 weeks are split into three trimesters... 12, 13, 14? 14, 12, 13? Does anyone know the real breakdown?

shirt: LOFT, tank: Old Navy, skirt: Oh Baby, sandals: Fergie



I did the pregnancy questionnaire for two weeks in a row and I kind of hate it. It's a bunch of repeat information each week that really won't change. I guess I'll just go back to my normal quick updates with what's been going on with Bean and me. Let's start with my white legs. Newsflash: They're really white. And after some skin cancer scares, I think I prefer to keep them that way. However, if anyone knows of a great self-tanning product that isn't stinky, doesn't stain sheets, and doesn't streak (magical?), please suggest it in a comment! 

I'm still at my parents' house and S and I will make the drive back to North Carolina tomorrow. I think I'm missing home a little bit, but I feel so at home here that it's hard to say. I definitely miss my husband and my bed. Mostly, I miss routine. S and I have been having late bedtimes and early wake times, which make for crummy afternoon times for all. Bean has been moving a lot, but where she was jabbing me before, now, it seems like she's more into rolling around and making long, slow movements. I think she might be working her way out of the breach position, but what do I know? Coffee isn't on my usual schedule, but since I've been on "vacation," I've indulged every other day or so. Bean really likes coffee. Her dance parties definitely prove that caffeine affects a growing baby! One thing that's new this week is that my belly is breaking. Yes, at only 28 weeks, my stretch marks are becoming battle wounds. I've been putting Palmer's Tummy Butter on three times a day and it's barely touching how torn up I'm becoming. Either I have less of a capacity to grow than I did with S or this baby is going to be huge. Or... I'm not 24 anymore.  She's actually growing at the exact rate of her fetal age and is right on target with the measurements. I'm afraid I have to take this moment to come to grips with the fact that I don't have a 24-year-old body this time around. Dang

My brother, S, and I drove up to meet two of my best friends and their respective significant others today. It was so awesome to see Jen and Whitney (and Jim and Tommy!), but I was really sad to only be able to spend a little bit of time with them. Thankfully, I'll see Whitney in a few weeks so we can catch up more. But it'll probably be Christmas time before I see Jen, again. I've been so blessed to be able to see all four of my best girlfriends in the past two months. I'm lucky to see them once or twice a year and I got to see them all in a short period this time! I'm still hoping Jackie and Christina will be able to come stay with me after the baby is born, and that Jen and Whitney won't have to wait too long to visit her! All four of them met S before she was six weeks old! 


The above photo is for your viewing pleasure. It's a prime example of what happens when: My brother is taking iPhone pictures and I don't know he's snapping, bugs are flying around my dome, and my back hurts from standing up/sitting down too long (really a win/win there, huh?). So pretty. I just wanted to share a little slice of ultra-reality with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!