Saturday, April 28, 2012

Baby Bean Update: 30 Weeks {and Counting...}

... and counting, and counting, and counting.
I would lie if I said I wasn't counting and complaining. Yesterday, I said to my husband, "Oh my goodness, I can't believe we still have nine weeks until Bean gets here. It seems so long!" And his response was, "Yeah... it really does." I said, "You just want her to come sooner so I stop complaining!" And he didn't argue. "Well, yeah." It was sarcastic, of course. And then I told him I'd be a bigger boat load of fun while healing from a c-section and starting to re-learn the whole breastfeeding gig. I got an eye roll. Deservedly so, because just about the only words that come out of my mouth these days are, "Owww, my back hurts" or "Oh my gosh, I'm so done with this!" To be fair, I feel like someone is constantly either stepping or stabbing my sacrum.

I'd also be lying if I told you I dressed better than this, today. Part of me thought I should shower and put on a cute dress to take my 30 week photos and the other part of me thought that would be really dishonest. The truth of the matter is that I rolled out of bed, brushed my teeth, threw on this fancy outfit and my husband's baseball cap, and scooted to Old Navy for the $8 dress sale. What I didn't read in my email was that only ONE style of dress was $8. The large was too small in the belly and the XL was too big in the chest. I came out with three things and not one of them was the sale dress.
top: Old Navy, tank: Old Navy Maternity, yoga pants: Old Navy, hat: Longwood University, flip flops: Joe Boxer (jacked. oops.)
Bean is getting low, friends! I mean, she's been low for a few weeks, now, but she's really moving down the gravy train. Ew. That sounds disgusting. I had this awesome idea when I was lying in bed yesterday morning. I decided I'm going to ask my doctor if I can nix the planned cesarean and go into labor like normal. The worst she can say is, "You're crazy! It's unsafe for you AND the baby. Come on, Kimberly... of all people! You're the most dramatic person in the world and you love a schedule. Let's be real." Yep, I already planned the conversation out in my head. But as long as I'm already prepared for the worst, I figure I'll ask. My appointment is Monday, so I'll let you know how that goes.
I don't usually wear baseball caps, so this seemed like an appropriate way to pose. Don't ask what my face is all about because I'm not really sure. I felt pretty official until I saw the photo. Now I know why people don't take me too seriously when I'm trying to be official.
This is an epic post. I would just like to note that I'm still under a 13 lb. weight gain at 30 weeks and am very proud of myself. With S at 30 weeks, I'd gained 30 lbs. I would also like to talk to My Man, JC, since I know He reads my blog. Jesus, why is it that I only crave watermelon and pineapple? Every time I put a bite of food in my mouth, I wish it was pineapple... and then I remember that every time I eat pineapple, I have contractions. Then I crave the next best thing: watermelon. There are obviously a whole lot of worse things in the world, but I'm just wondering why this is happening. I would really like to devour an entire fresh pineapple every 2-3 days.
Amen.


And if you needed just a little more reading to do (readers are the smartest!), you should know that my lovely friend, Megan, over at TFD, is giving away FREE MONEY. No, this is not a scam. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!