Monday, July 23, 2012

Goings On

I don't know how long my posts will be sporadic. I think I had more faith in myself as a good blogger when Bean was first born. Now, as a first time FULL TIME breastfeeding mom (I supplemented and pumped for S), I realize how velcro my child is. Husband finally got to see, yesterday, how much time I do NOT have to get things done because Bean likes to nurse pretty much all day long. Her nights are getting better, with waking up every three-ish hours, but day time is nuts. In the meantime, I'll share a few things that have made me smile over the last few weeks.
Apparently Boppy pillows aren't just for babies. Bella thinks it's the perfect shape to curl up in for an afternoon snooze.
 I always knew my girls would be my everything, but my heart still feels like it's jumping out of my chest. I've never felt more complete in my life. I'm exhausted, but so, so happy.
Seeing them play together already is the best. 
Bean and S have so much hair! Look at S' long, platinum prettiness. I'm so jealous of that hair color! And Bean's brown hair is still stumping us all, but I almost hope it stays dark so she can be different! If she turns blonde like the rest of us, though, she'll come by it honestly. I can't believe how big she is!
Bean Stats:
5 weeks, 1 day old
(at 4 week appointment) - 21.5" and 9lbs, 3 oz.
That's two inches longer and two pounds, two ounces up from birth!
This is what consumes my life right now, so it's what I'll be sharing. My best friend is heading down with her youngest right now and is spending the week with us. I'm so excited! Bean will finally meet her best friend and get her "newborn" photos taken. And Jackie promised to cook for me. Of course, I'm really looking forward to that. Don't tell her, but I'm praying for another batch of her awesome pasta salad!
When I start wearing clothes again, I'll post them. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!