Thursday, September 13, 2012

Help! This House is Driving Me Mad!

No one wants to read a post complaining about real life stuff, but I need help. HOW do busy moms of multiple children (and dogs) keep their flippin' houses clean? If you knew me before Bean came, you know that if there was a spec of dust in my house, either I was extremely sick or it was just too high for me to reach. Now, I struggle to put the clean clothes away (hey, at least they get clean, right?). I have written about cleaning and organization before, but I'm totally in over my head.
Yes, I KNOW I'm supposed to focus 100% of my energy on my children. I'm a stay at home MOM, not a stay at home MAID. But, I'm also a wife and part of this deal is Husband works at work and I work at home. But I can't find the time to get more done than a counter wipe down. And even then, I feel lucky! 
The worst part of all is that when it gets to be too much, that's when I don't know where to start and I have anxiety. Truthfully. And then, I shut down and can't begin the process, so it just gets worse. For instance, right now, I have about 15 piles of clean, folded clothes between the bedrooms. I just can't get there... I do like 3-4 loads of laundry a day (including diapers), but cannot for the life of me get them put away. Here's a regular day for me right now:
7:00-8:30 - Get S up for school, make her breakfast, nurse Bean, pump, get myself ready, eat breakfast
8:30-9:00 - Get S to school
9:20-11:40 - Nurse Bean, do 1 load of clothes and 1 load of diapers, fold clothes, hang diapers on the line, wipe down dining room and kitchen from breakfast, nurse Bean
11:40-12:15 - Get S from school
12:15-1:30 - Lunch for S and me, nurse Bean, put Bean down for a nap, do another load of laundry
1:30-2:30 - Playtime with S (usually dress up, reading, chalkboard ABCs, play-doh, arts and crafts)
2:30-3:30 - Nurse Bean, playtime with Bean and S, take dogs for a walk with kids
3:30-4:30 - Fold clothes, prep for dinner, clean up prep
4:30-5:30 - Nurse Bean, cook dinner, clean up from cooking
5:30-6:30 - Serve and eat dinner, clean up
6:30-7:30 - Bathe the girls, get them ready for bed
7:30-8:00 - Nurse Bean, read to S
8:00-8:30 - Prayers and songs with S, night-night at 8:30
8:30-9:00 - Feed Husband when he gets home from work, try to spend a few minutes with Husband
9:00-9:30 - Nurse Bean, swaddle, rock, put her to bed
9:30-10:30 - Finish miscellaneous laundry, pick up random toys that made it into our bedroom throughout the day, get ready for bed
10:30 - BED
So, there it is. That's a breakdown of my regular day, which doesn't include two bible studies (one starts tonight and one starts next week), any time I want to get out of the house, Saturdays (which are the only days Husband is home) and Sundays when we're at church from 10:30-12:00. So, busy moms, please tell me, HOW is your house clean and your laundry put away? And if you have a maid, please fess up so I can show my husband that it's necessary to have a bit of help!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!