Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fake Out Pasta... Mmm


Spaghetti squash is my new best friend. With the look and versatility of pasta, but more health benefits, I'm sold. Also, I thought the crunchiness would turn me off, but it's actually super satisfying! If you're a texture person, like me, you might have to get over it to love it. Did you know that feeling and hearing your food crunch actually sends a signal to your brain that you're full and satisfied? S didn't dig the crunch. She said my noodles were gross. I'll try it again next week, but she did eat the sweet potatoes, grapes, and bananas I served her with dinner. She opted out of the squash and had yogurt, instead. Poor kid... having to endure all these dietary changes. She'll thank me, later. I hope.
Have you faked out your family with food before? Veggies in place of meat or the like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!