Thursday, November 15, 2012

Delicious Dishes

I've been doing the vegetarian thing for about a month and a half, but am just getting into really putting nutritious meals together. Before now, I was just trying not to eat meat... which was difficult and boring without putting some thought into the preparation of my food. My friend, E, made a pasta dish a few weeks ago with angel hair, northern beans, spinach, garlic, and acorn squash. I did a repeat of that last weekend, but have been using beans and spinach as go-tos for almost every meal. The pasta dish I made on Tuesday night was a last minute mash up of pantry and refrigerator staples since I was running low on groceries. I followed up with a delicious, healthy dessert and patted myself on the back for finally being on a roll!
 I only measure when baking, so just use however much of each ingredient as you want!
Cook and set aside mezze penne, cooked al dente.
Saute: 1 onion, 1 head of broccoli (chopped into florets), minced garlic to taste, 1 can of chickpeas, a few handfuls of fresh spinach, salt, pepper, and fennel seeds. Toss with pasta and serve with freshly grated reggiano cheese (or a nutty Italian cheese).
I realize that photo doesn't look appetizing at all, but trust me when I tell you that it's like a little slice of Heaven!
Combine: 1 diced apple, a few dashes of cinnamon, 1-ish teaspoon nutella, a generous handful of homemade granola (I made this and added cocoa powder).
For real. Make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!