Saturday, June 29, 2013

Hawaiian BBQ Pizza

I don't know about y'all (oh dear... the South has gotten to me), but I really love a fast, easy meal for Friday or Saturday nights. Who am I kidding? I love a fast, easy meal ANY night. But, for some reason, it seems more important to me that I'm not slaving in the kitchen on the weekends and that the outcome makes us feel like we got to go out, even if the budget didn't allow. I came up with this quick Hawaiian BBQ pizza from leftovers we had from the week.
 Thankfully, my experiment was a hit among the whole family! Sadie scoffed at first, as several four-year-olds do when faced with a new food. After I convinced her to take four bites (our rule has always been to take as many bites as you are years old), she dug into two whole slices. Norah loved the little bits and pieces I cut up for her to feed herself, and Clarke really just loves everything I cook, as long as it's not the Green Mush of 2006 (a failed attempt at bell pepper and turkey meatloaf). Good man, though. He ate it. It was disgusting.
I'd just made pulled pork BBQ sandwiches, two nights before, from a pork loin. Crock pot, pork loin, BBQ sauce, pineapple juice. Voila. We had a ton of leftover meat, so I decided to try and make a BBQ pizza. The elements just came together when I opened the refrigerator and saw what needed using up.
Hawaiian BBQ Pizza 
- 1 pillsbury whole wheat pizza dough (or make your own)
- 1/2 cup original BBQ sauce
- 1 cup pulled pork BBQ
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
-1/4 cup shredded mozzarella 
- feta and/or gorgonzola to taste (I used both)

Just bake your pizza dough about halfway, add your sauce and toppings, and bake until cheese is melted and crust is golden. Let cool about five minutes, slice and serve up! We had ours alongside some roasted parmesan and garlic green beans. 
Let me know if you try this one and if your family likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!