Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Inconsistent, but Updated

I just want to pat the mommy bloggers on the back. You all amaze me. How do you make the time to be so consistent? Do you have children that actually sleep or take normal naps? I mean, seriously, I can't wait until I have 45 minutes to myself that's not a chunk of time in the middle of night wakings. That said, I can't think of a better way to spend my sleepless nights than holding a sweet baby that can't get enough of her mommy. 
I've been teaching music at Sadie's school on Tuesday mornings, which has been such a blessing. I think I really like the preschool age group and I love teaching simple music over lots of different subjects. I get to concentrate my lessons on one basic idea, which is a lot easier on my frazzled brain. I also get nervous every Monday night that I'm going to bore my kids to tears. Happy to report that hasn't happened... yet. 
We also took a big trip up to Virginia last week to visit my family and were blessed enough to visit with some friends during our stay up there. Pause. I just put Norah down for a nap 20 minutes ago and she's up. Surprise... And, I'm back. We visited my parents from Friday-Wednesday, then headed to DC to visit Christina and David on Thursday, Sterling to visit Jen and Jim (with a surprise visit from Whitney and Tommy!) on Friday, then back to my parents' on Saturday to see my mom's best friend that I haven't seen since I was about 16, and home Monday. It was a whirlwind with just me and two littles, but I think we did well! Until Monday... when Sadie fell forward onto my parents' coffee table when trying to get up from the sofa and put her tooth through her entire lip, then something hit my brand new car on the way home. Yeah, all great except those two things. I'll spare you the gory photos of the injury. Blech. But here are some photos of the past few weeks since I've failed to update in a while!
Learning the treble!
 (L): No, I'm not making that up. She carried The 911 Commission Report with her for several days.
(R): I rearranged the living room and made a new "corner 'o fun" for the girls (really, three corners 'o fun)
 This is what I wore out on a very rare girls' night out. I was very blessed to be able to go when hubs had a night off and a dear friend covered me.
(L): Sadie all matchy-matchy when she dressed herself. Adorbs.
(R): I had an eye infection and this is what the eyedrops made me do. OMG. Ouch.
 Swimmin' on my parents' back deck
 My bathing beauties
Norah made some friends at the park when we visited my parents. I was glad she was being nice to these little girls who spoke little to no English because Sadie kept running away from them and whining to me, "Mommy, I don't want to play with those girls! They keep chasing me and I don't know what they're saying!" Yes, we had a talk.
 Yowell Meadow Park in Culpeper, VA
 Sadie, duck/goose watching in the lake at Mountain Run Lake/Park
Sadie and the Washington Monument as we entered DC (she missed some awesome plane landings!)
 Christina and David took us to the Washington Monument lawn for a pizza picnic! It's surrounded in scaffolding because it's being surveyed after a recent earthquake. 
Sadie and Norah during our picnic
 (L): Norah at the pool with Aunt Christy (Christina)
(R): Sadie dressed Norah up yesterday. Apparently this is what a pirate princess looks like. 
 Hopefully my very first homemade pickles will be delicious. I'll be able to report back after I tear into them this evening. They're upside-down right now. 12 hours right side up, 12 hours upside down. I have no idea what the science behind that is, but I'm just following directions. Looks good, though!

I hope y'all are doing well! I won't make any empty promises telling you that I'll be back tomorrow or something. I really don't know when I'll be back. I'm doing my best and that's what I can give!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!