Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Front Yard of Opportunity

... or just my front yard. 
It's whatever, really.

But it's not whatever at all, actually. A ton of this blog has disappeared into cyberspace and/or my own personal external hard drive. I hate that cyber bully more than anyone can possibly understand. But what the hacker has done for me is allow me to take a good, long look at my life and priorities and I've been able to grab a little perspective on everything. I'm thankful that during the few days that I literally couldn't work on the blog, I was able to realize that I spend a lot more time writing in the evenings than I do sleeping... or doing laundry... or making lists of chores and meals (things I actually enjoy and need to be doing). I've sort of lost grip regarding the unmeasurables in life to a world that has become measurable by "how many, how much, how far, how long?"

This blog began as a motivational tool for me to get dressed in something other than sweatpants, after I gave birth to my daughter. It helped me cope with a lot of anxiety and "extra time" that I all of a sudden had after nursing and pumping for a zillion hours a day. And now? Now, this blog is still a creative outlet. It still motivates me to get dressed and document my life in a way I'd never have imagined. This blog is the nurturer of SO many relationships of which I'm extremely appreciative.

So, basically, thank you for helping me grow. Thank you for helping me through that craptastic hacking event from last week. Thank you for STILL being here.

And now, I'm going to thank you for continuing to be here while I try to re-find my niche as a personal style blogger, with a little more life perspective, and a little bit of a new outlook on what this place is gonna be like.

charcoal silk top: Banana Republic (so sweetly Christmas gifted by ML)
leopard cardi: APT. 9 via Kohl's
charcoal and light grey striped slacks: Old Navy
pewter buckle flats: from Whitney
necklace: Zales, Christmas gifted by Husband (2007)
earrings: Charlotte Russe


I know someone who needs to get that halo taken care of.
Holy roots.
OMG.


And two orders of business:

1. Please check out the sexiest blog giveaway, EVER, over at Lulapalooza!
Then pray that I win, 'cause ya'll know your girl needs a pick-me-up when Hubs starts working day shift, hopefully next week!a

2. My dear friend, Rochelle, is moving to Japan in a few weeks. She's going to be literally living out of a suitcase for the next month and she's having us VOTE on what pieces she should include in that suitcase!
Check out the choices and give a little insight, here!

3. Go 'head and drool over the lemon bars that Collette posted.
I'm going to the store for ingredients.
Like... now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!