Monday, April 4, 2011

Prim & Prismatic: Rochelle Approved

Readers, I am *SO* beyond all kinds of excitement to bring to you my brand-spankin'-new monthly blogger feature, Prim & Prismatic! On the first Monday of each month, I will interview a fellow blogger about two of my FAVORITE things: Color and style! To help me kick off Prim & Prismatic, I asked my dear friend Rochelle, of Rochelle Approved, to be the guinea pig (in the nicest, most beautiful, and colorful way possible!). I hope you all enjoy!

Prim & PRISMATIC
Style Bloggers and Their Use of Color



{one}
Do you think you’re bold when choosing colors to wear? If so, what makes you so attracted to colors and why are you comfortable in them? If not, why?

I am still working on being more bold with my color choices.  For a while my closet consisted of a lot of grey, black and dusty blue, but now it has expanded to include a much wider variety of colors.  When I look for colors I gravitate towards vibrant, cool jewel tones because I know that those are colors that look great against my skin and help my eyes stand out.  The other reason I am attracted to those colors is because I love them, and I know I will be confident wearing colors that I love and look great! 

{two}
If you could choose to put a bright, flashy piece in your wardrobe, would you choose an accessory or a basic staple?

Ohhh this is a hard one!  I think I would have to choose an accessory, because I picked up a pair of fuchsia jeans over the weekend. 

{three}
What is your favorite boldly colored wardrobe item in your closet?

At this moment it has to be the fuchsia jeans!  I grabbed them on a whim and they fit perfectly!  Now I’m thinking of all of the ways I can remix them to add an incredibly fun pop of color to outfits.  The other reason why they are my current favorite is that they only set me back $3!


{four} 
D   Do you incorporate bright colors in other aspects of your life (ie: decorating, art, gardening, etc.)?

Absolutely!  I have a bright orange chair that I re-uphostered.  Another way I add a lot of color with decorating is through canvas paintings.  Recently I completed a painting of a Bird of Paradise and I also have a set of three paintings that my grandpa gave me!  To me color is a great way of expressing yourself and your personality, even if it isn’t a color you choose to wear.

   {five}
    Fill in the blanks:
If I could only choose one color to wear for the rest of my life, it would be 
just the perfect shade of blue that makes my eyes stand out.

Most people think my personal style is 
eclectic 
because 
I draw inspiration for outfits from so many different people and eras.

If I had to wear hot pink or kelly green, I’d definitely pick 
kelly green!

The craziest color combo I’ve ever rocked is 
a kelly green cardigan with a skirt that has a ton of colored squares on it.



Thank you so much, Rochelle, for participating in my first Prim & Prismatic feature! Your answers were fun and insightful! I LOVE your use of color in the three outfits you shared with us and those fuchsia jeans are KILLER! I'm sure I'm not only speaking for myself when I say that I can't wait to see all of the remixing that's gonna happen with them!

Please stay tuned for Mansome Monday, which will continue next Monday!
If you just can't wait 'til then to get a little Jason in your life, follow him on Twitter!

And if you are interested in seeing a specific style blogger featured on Prim & Prismatic, please email me! I can't wait to see and hear more about everyone's use of color in their wardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!