Wednesday, April 13, 2011

We Love Colors Wednesday: Rust

Good morning, lovely readers! If you follow me on Twitter, you already know that it's my favorite day of the "bleek" (blogger week), We Love Colors Wednesday! I've been stoked about this post since Saturday because as soon as I received this GORGEOUS dress in the mail, from Happyness Magnet, I knew it would be the perfect frock to pair with my rust tights!

You may also be happy that these photos were taken the day I got my bangs, so the stylist made them look much better than I can. :)

navy and orange chevron dress: Forever 21, gifted by Happyness Magnet
heather blue cardigan: New York & Company
rust tights: c/o We Love Colors
short boots: Soda, via Shoe Department
bicycle necklace: Barberry & Lace
... and that dang hair tie I can't seem to part with

I wore this on 4.9.11 to go out with Husband and some friends.
But I promise, I'm wearing it, again, today! I just have a different cardi and am sans tights because I actually shaved my legs for once. It's a momentous occasion that was in need of bare legged celebration!
FTR: I'm also wearing a navy cami so I don't show what my momma (and pregnancy) gave me at work.


I had a dream last night and I woke up with such a feeling of fulfillment. To realize it wasn't real was kind of disheartening. Picture this:
I'm on the front porch of a light blue, early 1900s farmhouse. The porch is painted white and wraps all the way around the house. I'm watering the hanging basket flowers and Little S, who is about five years old, is chasing her little brother. He looked about two, had on blue jean overalls without a shirt underneath, and a head full of blonde curls. Little S kept saying, "Momma, look at my baby brother. He's runnin' fast!"
And they were both running, barefoot, through our big, green yard.
Just imagine it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!