Thursday, May 5, 2011

Awkward & Awesome Thursday: Therapy & Florals

There's a good chance that I'm going to need therapy to get through next week.
Let's just leave it at that.

I may or may not be wearing a dress I've kind of been DYING to own, today. Thanks to my sweet friend Rachel, of State of My Heart, a dress I'd been drooling over from Forever 21 finally became mine. And I'm so in love, it's not even funny. How perfectly Spring is this baby? THANK YOU, Rachel!
 dress: Forever 21
shoes: Lower East Side (stole 'em from my mom!)
belt: New York & Company
photography prop of the day: cutting board on top of trashcan
I'm starting to get pretty crafty, aren't I?
Holy colors, right? More, please!

Awkward:
- Coming to work when everyone knows you're leaving. And it seems like they're happy about it.
- Dropping Little S. off at daycare and making small talk with her provider for the first time in two years. Because she's mad. Or sad. Or something.
- Talking to my trashcan, telling it to take photos at a better angle this morning. Yep. That happened.
- Waking up in the middle of the night to get water and not remembering how the cup of water made it to my bedside table upon waking up.
- My skin. And how it hates me. But I can't figure out why.

Awesome:
- Learning that sometimes it's okay to not please everyone when you're doing what's right for yourself.
- Chasing dreams. And catching them.
- Watching my daughter read all of the letters on four different recycle bins, yesterday.
- My homemade chicken pot pie.
- Amazing amounts of support from my friends and family about my new endeavor.
- The sweet contest I've got going on where you get to STYLE ME for my new job!
Ahem, go enter, please!


For more Awkward & Awesome, click Sydney's cute little self right below and link up or read other bloggers' weekly overshares!


p.s.- My best friend, Jackie, is holding an amazing Mother's Day giveaway at Jackie Ranson Photography! Better check it out, fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!