Thursday, June 23, 2011

Food, Clothes, & an Event!

Readers, I write this morning with so much anticipation! I've been invited to the press and media release party for the Grand Opening of the Clothes Hound boutique in Raleigh, NC. It's tonight and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to make it, because it's a work week. But... I get off early, today and Husband is amazing enough to be home in time to take care of Little S. so I can leave on time! 

I can't wait to bring pictures and information back to not only the blog, but to Greenville as well! Raleigh is considered local shopping grounds for us, so hopefully I can spread the word about the awesome ladies that run the place and have good photos and notes to prove that everyone needs to give the Clothes Hound a visit! I'm such a nerd, but I feel so important. And I tried on FIVE outfits for the hubs last night. I want to look professional, but laid back. Not like I'm trying too hard or am out of my element. Also, Raleigh ladies? Southern charm! So I had to choose something that would show my appreciation for belle style.
Without giving away my outfit, here's a hint (and tone it down a bit... or a lot, k?):

image via chanel

And TOTALLY off subject, I've been talking a lot on Facebook about cooking Indian cuisine for the family for which I work. "The Mom" taught me how to make masala from scratch and not only is it easy, it's healthy and nutritious. I've been eating it all week, because you can literally put anything in it! Well, except broccoli or asparagus. I haven't tried those two, but was strongly advised against it! So, I've made meat masala with ground chicken, chickpea masala, and last night, I made sweet bell pepper masala, also called Capsicum. I serve the main courses over long grain and wild rice pilaf and even Little S. and Husband have been enjoying the sweet and spicy cuisine.

Capsicum
-or- Bell Peppers Masala
I don't have peas in mine, but other than that difference, this photo is very similar to last night's dinner.

How to Masala:
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 T. tomato paste
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch of peeled fresh ginger
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. kitchen king 
(found at Indian food stores)
- 1 t. turmeric
- 1 t. cayenne pepper

I've doubled this for most of my recipes, because I'm cooking an abundance ahead of time to eat throughout the week.

Brown the onions to hell. No, really. My boss said that's the secret and I know it's true because I've done two batches. The one with browner onions was waaaayyy tastier. Don't burn them, though!
In a food processor or blender, combine the garlic, ginger, and a bit of water to make a paste.
Add garlic and ginger paste plus tomato paste to the browned onions.
Add four seasonings.
Cook together for 5 more minutes.
Add your cooked vegetable, meat, or beans!
Cook together for 5 minutes.

Serve hot!
Makes delicious leftovers!

Don't forget to stop back by tomorrow for Project Self and my 400 Follower Giveaway! 
I have a few awesome friends that are donating services or products to this giveaway. If you'd like to join in, please send me an email at kimberly.s.parham(at)gmail(dot)com! I'd love to have you and to do a special feature on you and your blog or product/service in return!
Remember, I'm announcing the giveaway tomorrow, so I'd need to know by tonight!
Thanks, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!