Friday, June 10, 2011

Project Self: 194.4

This week, I want to talk about walking it all away and setting mini goals to reward yourself.
I'm big on working toward a goal, but let's face it. The enormous amount of weight I have to lose is not going to happen soon enough for me to get a little prezzie for myself. So, I'm diligently working toward 10 pound goals so I can give myself a little pat on the back each time I reach those. It's a great way to stay motivated and have small victories to keep you moving.

My second biggest motivation (next to my family) is this photo.


I'm pretty sure I've shared the photo on the blog, before. But I was working out and feeling so great. This was taken right after we moved into our new house in February, 2008. Husband and I had been going to the gym, religiously, for about five months. I swam 2 times a week and did cardio/weight lifting classes 2 times a week. My fifth day of the week, I spent doing 30 minutes of cardio and circuit training. I lost 30 pounds and had about 30 more to go, but I was on the right track. Enter May 2008. Pregnancy. Best thing that's ever happened to me, and worst thing to happen to my workout regimen and waistline. 
That motivation to work out turned into some extra time to rest and put my feet up. And after I had Little S., all I wanted to do was snuggle her and heal from birth. After that? I got lazy, I guess. So, I look at that photo and remind myself that I CAN. 

Maybe I don't have a gym membership, anymore. And maybe I don't have the desire to exercise for an our or two each day. But guess what? A half hour to 45 minutes of brisk walking has really been doing the trick for me. I feel worked out. My muscles feel like they're getting tighter. And best of all? I can do my workout at work! I just take the girls in a double stroller (resistance, much?) and get going. It's hotter than the hinges of Hades, but it's a good jaunt and I feel accomplished afterward. And when I get home? I can relax, because I've already done my exercising! I am buying a treadmill this month, though, so I can walk/run in the mornings. It's just soooo hot.

So what am I saying to you? 
WALK OFF THE WEIGHT.
30 minutes of your day isn't much to ask.

And I'm going to share my reward system with you so I can have you all check up on me to make sure that I'm treating myself to my promised little prezzies!

190 - pedicure
180 - new piece of ... uh... something special
170 - running shoes
160 - highlights
150 - new laptop 
(I know that's a big one, but I don't have a laptop and really need one!)
140 - 1 hour massage
130 - bicycle
120 - CRUISE or tropical vacation with Hubs (WEE!!!)

Remember to reward yourself for meeting small goals. Working toward a weight closer to your current won't be so overwhelming. I'm still just as excited as I was on day 1 and I'm so glad to be sharing this journey with all of you. I truly appreciate your support and encouragement!!!

194.4
2.2 down
74.6 to go.
but... only 4.6 'til I can get a pedicure!

Little S. and I are home with coughs and sore throats, today. No bueno.
Anyone know how to acquire an insurance card when you're a new customer and haven't received any documentation from the company, yet?

How are you treating yourself?
Ready, set, LINK!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!