Monday, June 6, 2011

Prim & Prismatic: Spoils of Wear

Readers, it's the third installment of...
Prim & PRISMATIC
Style Bloggers and Their Use of Color

Don't forget to head on over and check out Jill's awesome blog!
You might find a pup with style, too!



Do you think you’re bold when choosing colors to wear? If so, what makes you so attracted to colors and why are you comfortable in them? If not, why?


I’m probably bolder than most people, but not compared to many other bloggers. We’re a colorful breed, it seems.  I like to wear color because it often reflects how I feel – OR – it reflects how I want to feel.  Cheerful, energized, quirky, bright, bold, etc.  I’m much more comfortable in color than I am in dark or bland neutrals because they’re a better reflection of personality and lifestyle.






























If you could choose to put a bright, flashy piece in your wardrobe, would you choose an accessory or a basic staple? 

Basic staple.  Like my red shift dress.  Even though it’s a bright color, it’s so versatile.  I even included it last fall when I did the 30 for 30 challenge.
































What is your favorite boldly colored wardrobe item in your closet?

I have so many favorites!  But I’m slightly obsessed with my new, red, polka-dot dress.  I want to wear it every day.


















Do you incorporate bright colors in other aspects of your life (ie: decorating, art, gardening, etc.)?

My condo used to be all bright, primary colors – I loved it!  Shortly after I got married, we went more neutral in hopes of making the place more sellable/rentable.  I like the mature, subdued color palette as well, but someday, I’m going to have a yellow kitchen and a pink bathroom…someday.







Fill in the blanks:


If I could only choose one color to wear for the rest of my life, it would be some shade of YELLOW


Most people think my personal style is CLASSIC because I WEAR A LOT OF BASICS .


If I had to wear hot pink or kelly green, I’d definitely pick KELLY GREEN.


The craziest color combo I’ve ever rocked is ORANGE AND LAVENDAR….it’s not THAT crazy.








Jill, thank you so much for participating in June's Prim & Prismatic feature! I really enjoyed your answers and the photos you shared and I'm sure my readers will, too!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!