Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Holiday Weekend

Our long weekend started off with Hubs showing Little S. how to use headphones so she could practice for the car ride. You know, because sometimes Barney on repeat might get a bit distracting for the adult driver and passenger. I'm not sure how the dogs feel about a purple singing dinosaur, but I'm pretty sure the entire car trip would have been much happier if the headphones were a hit. Unfortunately, Little S. was completely disinterested in headphones and/or movies. She had strep throat and was pretty miserable. During the days, we all had a great time, but at night, she was coughing and restless. Poor kid.


We took a trip to Bluebird Gap Farm in lieu of our discussed trip to the Children's Museum. I wanted to do something free just in case Little S. didn't feel well and wanted to go back to Grandma's house. I'm glad we made the decision to go to BGF, though! She loved feeding the animals and playing on the swing!




On Sunday, we headed to Williamsburg so I could get some new running shoes. Mine have been giving me blisters on the backs of my feet and my relentless desire to lose weight has caused me to wear the painful shoes and just add band-aids. Until now! While in Williamsburg, we stopped at Go-Karts Plus and let Little S. have a blast!



Yesterday, we relaxed around my in-laws' house in the morning and Little S. helped Grandma make deviled eggs. We went to Hubs' grandfather's house for dinner and experienced torrential downpours, lightening that was ENTIRELY too close for comfort, and a propane tank that caught on fire. It was eventful to say the least. We were afraid that we'd miss fireworks because of the storm, but the local fire department didn't let their money go to waste!



Yes, we were THAT family. 
Hope you all had a wonderful 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!