Friday, July 8, 2011

Project Self: Kicks

It has been a TOUGH week. Between last Friday and today, I've been through the ringer. Perhaps it was the special woman time that mother nature delivered JUST in time for me to travel to my in-laws' for a hectic holiday weekend. Or maybe it was blown up when I paid our car payment on Saturday and Husband paid it on Sunday. Oops. Or it could have been Little S.' sleepless nights with strep. I don't know... combination, I suppose.

I DID RUN, though.
And I also had a giant bowl of Edy's Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup ice cream on Tuesday night.

Highlight? I got my new running shoes at the New Balance factory store last Sunday and I couldn't be happier. I've had such good luck with New Balance over the past few years. My pretty pink and white running shoes have been worn to the bones, though, and were giving me blisters. It was time for a new pair and I'm glad I made the investment.


Please excuse my less than attractive somewhat ankles. I'm working on it. 
The only thing I really don't love about these shoes is the blue. I'm not a blue fan at all. Two colors I don't love are blue and red. I tried these babies on with magenta accents, but they didn't have my size. And as much as I love color, I had to choose the whole "walking on a cloud" feeling over looks. After trying to run two years ago and having a six week knee injury that put me out of the game, I know I have to really be prepared for putting miles on these feet.

Another great investment? Miss Zoe! She keeps me going on our walks/runs! I know she gets cooped up all day and if I feel like quitting halfway through a workout, a little tug on that leash reminds me that I'm not the only one who needs and appreciates a little cardio! I've really enjoyed exercising with my little furry companion. She went to the vet this week, by the way, and she's the healthiest puppy! 


NEWS OF THE WEEK!
189.6
1 down
69.8 to go.

Did the holiday (or any other obstacles) throw you off the wagon this week? 

Ready. Set. LINK!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!