Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wavy to Straight

I've written a few times over the past week or so about whether I should wear my hair wavy or straight. A while back, I was contacted by Misikko about trying the 1.5" Hana Elite Professional flat iron. Because my wavy hair always poses a problem, especially in the humidity, I was glad to review the product! I've tried at least 5 different flat irons in the past two years and haven't had luck with any fighting the frizz during these hot summer months. My local stylist turned me on to Moroccan Oil, which has really helped the condition of my hair. But I've been looking for even more of a tamer and I think I found that in the Hana iron.

Misikko sent the flat iron in beautiful packaging, complete with pretty flowers and several accompanying goodies (including eyeshadow! favorite!). Everything was girly and purple, which made me even more excited about the product I was about to try! Let me tell you, friends, Misikko knows how to grab a girl. My aunt sent me a Chi iron a few months ago, which I've been glad to take off her hands. Before that I was just using a Conair and it was ripping strands of hair out at each glide. No bueno, right? Well, I think this Hana beats even the Chi! I never thought it could be done. This baby has ceramic plates all the way through, where most irons I've used are only ceramic plated metal. I've had zero snags or pulls over the past three weeks of trying it out and am able to straighten each inch of hair in one glide. That's saying a lot considering I used to have to go over each piece 3-4 times with previous flat irons. Less damage? Yes, please!

If you don't believe me about how awesome this thing is, check out some before and after photos! These were taken the same day, within 15 minutes of each other! Okay, that's a lie. It took less than 10 minutes to flat iron my hair, but obviously, I did my make-up before the second set of photos were taken, so maybe they were taken within a half hour of each other!


I LOVE how the Hana is so smooth that it curls my ends out and under without making them look stick straight. My mom always hated when I made my ends stick straight. This one's for you, ma!




Looking at the back of my hair photos, I realize I totally missed a strand on each side, but oh well. I guess now it's no secret to any onlookers. I have wavy hair and I can't even hide it when I flat iron! Oopsie. So the rundown here is that I absolutely LOVE my new Hana flat iron. It makes my hair smooth, shiny, and seriously holds the frizz off in this crazy humidity. It's kind of insane and amazing. My only complaint is that it's a bit pricey and I'm not sure I'd purchase it on my own. But you totally get what you pay for, right? The crappy flat irons pull my hair out and the ceramic coating wears off after a short time. If you're in the market for a great styling tool that's safer for your hair and you have a bit of dough to spend, this flat iron is definitely worth the investment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!