Thursday, September 1, 2011

Styling maurices: Denim & Sparkle

Okay, first and most importantly, you have to know that maurices has AMAZING denim options. I mean every fit, every style, every cut, and several different price points! I started with the maurices $29-$34 jeans, then tried on the Denim Flex, Premium and Silver lines. Of course, everything was waayyy too long, but I feel deeply in love with the maurices denim flex. I would have gotten the jeggings because they were extra comfy and super flattering, but I was dying to find a pair bootcut jeans in the Silver line because I loved the back pocket embellishment. I found a pair that I loved (Suki style), but the length was so insane that I didn't want to purchase them (they're a bit pricey) and have to pay even more to get them altered. I usually do my own hemming, but I loved the stitching on the Silver jeans and didn't want to do anything to change the original look of the denim. And then... magic happened. Kristie found a pair of Sukis in a capri and... you guessed it! THEY FIT ME LIKE REGULAR JEANS! I was walking out of the store with them, no questions asked.

We also chose this embellished bubble top because it's a little edgier than my usual style, but completely doable. The cut is flattering and I can wear this with heels and jeans for a dressy-casual date with hubs! Who says jeans aren't sexy?






I'm thinking this top would actually be really cute with a blazer and some grey slacks when the weather cools off a little. And these jeans? I die. I just die...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!