Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Happy Holidays!

This is literally my most favorite time of year. I love the decorations and the baking, the hustle and bustle of shopping (although we're not really doing that bit this year), wrapping gifts, lighting up the tree, driving around and looking at other houses, playing traditional (none of that N'Sync stuff over here) Christmas music, and trying to remain in the very thankful state of mind that this holiday is truly meant to be about.

Since starting to go to church again this year, I have become a TRUE Christian. I mean, I've always been a believer, but I'm walking a path I've never experienced before and I'm truly in awe of what Jesus has done and continues to do for me. Below you'll see one of my most beloved possessions: My nativity. My mom gave this to me as a gift last year and it is extremely special. Hand-carved IN Jerusalem from Jerusalem palm wood... so much meaning. And that sweet little baby Jesus is what Christmas and all year means to me.



Of course, I love the glitz and glamour of trees and garland and wreaths, too! So I'll share our Christmas decor with you from the inside to outside. I hope you enjoy! And if you've done a post about your decorations, I'd love if you'd leave a link so I can hop over and see!









You know "I love lamp?" Well, this year our motto is going to have to be, "I love tree." Little S. hugs it to sleep every night. Cutest thing. EVER.


I hope everyone who celebrates is enjoying the holiday season so far. Don't let the stress build up. Enjoy it for what it is. Be thankful. Spend time with your family. And for goodness sake, eat some cookies. Don't forget to bake for Santa, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!