Monday, December 12, 2011

Party, Party, Party!

I felt like Cinderella. In May, I gave up getting "dressed" for the office in order to live in sweats and yoga pants for a nanny position that is segueing me into the life I've always dreamed of - being a SAHM. But when I received an invitation to my boss' yearly Christmas cocktail party, I knew it was my chance to finally get glammed up after such a long time of losing my identity behind the bulk of too big t-shirts. I'd been on the search for the perfect long-sleeved black shift dress, preferably with lace detailing, and on Friday, I still hadn't found the perfect frock. Instead of giving up and wearing something I already owned, I bought a dress at Kohl's that was just okay. Then, it hit me. Hello... I never shop at department stores, so I should probably just try it this once. JCPenny was the jackpot! I found my perfect dress and was able to return the mediocre one. Getting dressed up in the cocktail dress of my dreams, doing my hair and make-up, and wearing ridiculous shoes that made me want to cry was SO.MUCH.FUN!

dress: R&K from JCPenny
shoes: Mossimo from Target
bag: Dama Handbags, won from TFD giveaway
 face make-up: Dinair Airbrush kit + Bare Minerals 
eyeshadow: e.l.f. Studio palette 
mascara: L'Oreal Million Lashes
lipstick: Jet Setter by Rimmel


My brother caught a picture of me telling the dog to back it up out of my photo sesh. Although I look like a bossy brat, this is the only good picture of my silver and black eyeshadow, so in place of fear that you'll think I'm a yeller, I'll spare myself and imagine you really just wanted to see my make-up.





And just like Cinderella, I had a wonderful time at the party, came home, and got back into my rags. Then I spent the entire glamorous night waking up with my itty bitty who is very, very sick with a cold/cough situation. Pray she gets it out of her system before the holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!