Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Meal Plan Monday (on Tuesday)

Apologies for being MIA, yesterday. I'm blogging from bed as it is. I think I have the flu, but I'm not a doctor. My temperature was 102 when I woke up and is down to 101.4. My eyes look like someone punched me out and my muscles are sore from my chest and arms, down my back, and into my hips. Oh, and I can't swallow. Lukewarm water, only. Awesome. Nonetheless, you must know what we're eating (or what I'm fixing for everyone else to eat) this week.

Monday
Husband made Turkey Sandwiches and Broccoli for S and himself.

Tuesday
Basil Balsamic Farfalle with Chicken and Tomatoes


Ingredients:
- 1 lb. box of farfalle (bow tie pasta)
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins, baked and cut into cubes
- 4 Tbsp. basil oregano balsamic vinegar
- 1 lg. slicing tomato, diced into 1/4" pieces
- 1 tsp. garlic powder

Directions:
- Cook pasta to your liking (we prefer al dente)
- In large skillet, combine pasta, cooked, cubed chicken, tomatoes, and balsamic vinegar
- Sauté together for 3-5 minutes, until flavors fuse
- Sprinkle garlic powder and give one more toss
- Serve hot

Wednesday
Hot and Sour Beef with Broccoli over Brown Rice

Thursday
Stouffer's Chicken and Spinach Lasagna with Fresh Green Beans

Friday
Leftovers

Saturday
Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup

Sunday
Beef Bourguignon with Brown Rice and Broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!