Saturday, February 11, 2012

Baby Bean Update: 19 Weeks

19 weeks is such a strange number. 18 weeks is when you generally find out the sex of your baby. 20 weeks is halfway there. 19 is just... lack luster, I suppose. But we won't let it be that way, will we Bean?

dress: Self Made
cardigan: Old Navy
belt: New York & Company
tights: c/o We Love Colors
boots: Silhouettes

I spent this morning at Pursue the Passion, a women's conference at our church. I wasn't going to be able to attend at all because of the expense, but as blessed as I am, a friend from bible study sat next to someone who couldn't make it today and offered her ticket. My friend thought of me and got in touch with me immediately. I'm so thankful and very glad I got to go. Spreading God's word through strong, passionate women is such a wonderful way to spend a weekend. And I got to spend time with my dear friends, too. Win-win? I think so.


This week with the Bean: Little girl has been MOVING and shaking for about two weeks straight. I'm not kidding. The second I'm still, she's dancing like Party Rock is in the house. I don't know if I can feel her much earlier or if she really does move a lot more than S, but I have a feeling that Bean is going to be an active character when she graces us with her tiny presence. This week, I've felt pretty wonderful. All except I've been so exhausted that I want to fall over by 4:00 in the afternoon. Nights have been fairly sleepless because Miss Smarty over here (that'd be me) drinks 1-2 bottles of water in the hour before bed. I'm sorry. I cannot help it. I am THIRSTY. Also, Bean is the size of a large heirloom tomato this week. So please explain why I look like I have a large honeydew inside of my belly instead. I guess a large heirloom tomato can get pretty sizable, so... I don't know. I just think I grew exponentially over the last week. And I'm HUNGRY. I haven't been hungry almost this whole time and now I'm so scared that my on-track 2.5 lb. weight gain is about to go out the window.


Let's talk nursery. Husband and I had this awesome plan for a baby boy room. NOT because we were hoping for a boy, but because designing the room naturally fell around the idea of Husband's 1971 Chevelle. Now that we used a sweet nursery design on Little S AND just redid her room to big girl style, frankly, our brains are mush from decorating for a girl and I need some ideas! I was thinking of doing something really striking and different like hot pink with white polka dots on one wall and chocolate brown accents. I don't know, though... Weigh in!

I made this dress from an old stained t-shirt and a cheap curtain we used to cover our laundry room in our old apartment! My mom called me Scarlett O'Hara since I was "tearing down the drapes" to make a dress! I'll be featuring the other two maternity dresses I created over the course of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!