Monday, March 5, 2012

Baby Bean Update: 22 Weeks

dress: Old Navy Maternity
cardigan: New York & Company
flats: Target
shades: New York & Company

So sorry this update is two days late! I fully intended to do one on Saturday, but husband, Little S. and I had a winding down weekend after I had the norovirus most of last week. We recovered an old chair that I picked up at Habitat for Humanity (before and after photos on Wednesday!), and husband painted a piece of furniture in our room to go with the rest of our bedroom furniture. Other than that, we laid around, went to church, and cooked very little. I got to hemming this dress and my new pair of maternity jeans. Other than those small projects and helping recover the chair, I didn't do much of anything. It was pretty nice!

Bean and I had our 5 month appointment last Wednesday and everything is going great. I've still only gained 3.5 pounds at 22 weeks and her heartbeat was in the mid 150s, right where it should be. I have to take that dreaded one hour glucola test on April 3, so I'm not looking forward to that at all. Everyone complains about the orange drink you have to suck down in 5 minutes, but honestly that doesn't bother me as much as the sitting and waiting to get my blood drawn thing. So lame. I wish I could just get out and about for the hour and come back, but they don't trust you'll be back right in one hour or that you won't eat something, I guess. 

I'm fully in maternity clothes, now. I can't even rig my jeans with a hair tie anymore and the Bella band isn't holding anything up like it did a month ago. I'm fine with the growing exponentially thing as long as Bean is safe and healthy and I have my handful of things to wear. I'm still experiencing some really severe pinching low back pain when I sit OR stand for long periods of time. Fancy how it doesn't really matter what I'm doing, huh? And I've started to experience some sciatica in bed. Which ever side I'm laying on at the time, that corresponding leg falls asleep. And it doesn't matter how many pillows I stack or stuff here and there. Ask my husband, I sleep in a cocoon. 


Speaking of maternity-wear and my handful of items, there is a very fun giveaway happening right now! If you haven't entered, you SHOULD! Your chances of winning are very good!
$25 to Old Navy for styling one of my Old Navy maternity pieces? Easy peasy!
HURRY! Giveaway ends at 12:00 pm ET on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!