Saturday, March 31, 2012

Baby Bean Update: 26 Weeks

top: Old Navy Maternity, cami: Rue 21, jeans: Motherood (yes, I might wear them every day), flats: Old Navy


When is your due date?
For all intensive purposes, June 29.
What week are you in?
26... let's speed this up a bit, k?
How many pounds have you gained so far?
6.5
Have you had an ultrasound?
Yes! Three!
Do you know the gender of your baby?
Girly, girly girl!
Do you have a name picked out?
Yes. :)
Is the child being named after someone?
The middle name is after my maternal grandmother and the first name is something we picked out before knowing that it's my husband's great-grandmother's name!
Who is going to be with you during delivery?
Husband
Natural or medicated childbirth?
Scheduled c-section after complications with my last labor, which ended up in a c-section.
How are you feeling right about now? 
I'm having back pain with lots of trouble sleeping.
What was the first thing you bought for baby?
We let our daughter pick out the homecoming outfit after we found out the gender.
Do you feel you are ready to have a baby?
For the most part, yes. I'm nervous about being a mother of two and we don't have the nursery done, so that's nerve wracking. But other than that, yes.
Are you excited or scared about delivery?
I'm excited for baby to get here, but scared about surgery. I hate surgery and post-surgery.
Any food cravings?
I think I just crave carbs. At least they're mostly the healthy/ier kind (pineapple, watermelon, peaches, etc)
Anything you loved before that you absolutely cannot eat anymore?
Spicy food! I still like to eat it, but it makes me nauseated and sick to my stomach for at least 24 hours!
Anything else you'd like to share or vent about?
I was kind of sad to hear that second-timers don't usually get showers or anything like that. It's okay because we have everything big like furniture, stroller, car seat, most toys, etc. But our kids are being born in opposite seasons (January and June), so we don't have any appropriate clothes past 0-3 months. We need bedding and it's hard to take all of it on ourselves when we're already taking care of a little one. That's a vent, right? And I just miss my friends and family in a less busy season of life when we could all all talk and I could update them on what was going on and what fruit baby is the size of each week!

Stay tuned to hear about my hair catastrophe tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!