Monday, April 9, 2012

Baby Bean Update: 27 Weeks! (and BLONDER)

jeans, sweatshirt, tanktop: Old Navy, sunglasses: New York & Company

When is your due date?
For all intensive purposes, June 29.
What week are you in?
27! But by measurements of when I'm having the baby, I only have 11 weeks and 5 days to go!
How many pounds have you gained so far?
9.2 (I was wrong last week)
Have you had an ultrasound?
Yes! Three!
Do you know the gender of your baby?
Girly, girly girl!
Do you have a name picked out?
Yes. :)
Is the child being named after someone?
The middle name is after my maternal grandmother and the first name is something we picked out before knowing that it's my husband's great-grandmother's name!
Who is going to be with you during delivery?
Husband
Natural or medicated childbirth?
Scheduled c-section after complications with my last labor, which ended up in a c-section.
How are you feeling right about now? 
High-spirited, but in disbelief that my belly can stretch any bigger. I'm a bit concerned that we haven't done anything to the nursery except move the furniture in there. We have to paint and get bedding! 
What was the first thing you bought for baby?
We let our daughter pick out the homecoming outfit after we found out the gender.
Do you feel you are ready to have a baby?
For the most part, yes. I'm nervous about being a mother of two and we don't have the nursery done, so that's nerve wracking. But other than that, yes.
Are you excited or scared about delivery?
I'm excited for baby to get here, but scared about surgery. I hate surgery and post-surgery.
Any food cravings?
My mom made strawberry pretzel dessert yesterday and I've been wanting to eat it by the gallon ever since. Have you ever had it? It's a bed of crushed pretzels, topped with cream cheese and whipped cream, topped with frozen strawberries and strawberry jello. Oh my goodness... 
Anything you loved before that you absolutely cannot eat anymore?
Eggs are really bothering me, lately. I don't know what it is about them! I can't eat boiled eggs, scrambled eggs.. YUCK.
Anything else you'd like to share or vent about?
I love how much this baby moves! It makes me feel such a strong bond with her and like I know her so well. She does have crazy dance parties around 11:30 every night, which makes me a bit nervous. It's so cool how she reacts to my eating food within 15-20 minutes after I eat and how she's moving so strongly, now, that my clothes move! It's so hard to believe she still has a lot of growing to do!


In other news, Christina and her boyfriend came to visit at my parents' house on Friday and she fixed my horrendously orangey-yellow hair by toning and highlighting. Phew! Yes, I'm very, very blonde, now. I even kind of match Little S (yes!). I'm so, so, so excited and even more happy that I know how to do it on my own without using boxed dye. 

Oh, by the way, that's what's up. I'm visiting my parents for the week with Little S. Husband came down with us on Thursday (in a separate car) and left after Easter lunch, yesterday. S and I are staying until Sunday, April 15. I don't have a camera cable with me, so unfortunately I can't share the awesome tulip field pictures we took until I get back. But I'll be doing my best to keep up with photos on my iPhone. I'm casually dressed for a day of laundry, hanging out, playing outside with S, and running up to my mom's work to eat lunch with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!