Monday, May 7, 2012

Baby Bean Update: 31 Weeks

Ohhh, 31 weeks. We have seven weeks and 4 days until Bean comes. As soon as that sounds when I type it or say it out loud, it really feels like ages and eons away. I am so ridiculously uncomfortable and there just isn't enough room for a whole lot more stretching. I'm praying and praying that my previous c-section scar stays in tact with how low the baby is and how much pressure I feel. Quote of the week from innocent bystander: "Hold onto Jesus, girl." That was in reference to how big I am and how much longer I have left.
 dress: Old Navy Maternity (gift from Whitney), shoes: Sbicca from Ross
I sang the National Anthem at the Down East Walk to Defeat ALS on Saturday morning and it wasn't horrible, but it didn't go as well as I'd hoped. As much as I'd practiced, I really thought I would nail it, but I was so nervous and shaky that I felt like I had no control over what was coming out of my mouth. Fortunately, I stayed on pitch and hit the high notes just fine. It just sounded like I had an outrageous vibrato since I was shaking so badly. And I was EXTRA uncomfortable because the MC was quite literally 6 inches away from me. I wanted to move, but couldn't make sense of sashaying 4 feet to the right in the middle of the song. Anyway, I wore this and it was light, breezy, comfortable, and almost patriotic. Thanks, Whitney, for buying it for me!

Symptoms include, but are not limited to: Lots of baby rolling around movements and not so much jabbing, long spurts of baby not moving at all and giving me serious anxiety, Braxton Hicks contractions that are getting stronger and a bit painful, growing bigger every day (so much so that maternity clothes that fit me two weeks ago are too tight, now), cravings for watermelon and strawberries (strawberries replaced pineapple due to the pineapple contractions), swelling in my hands, ankles, and feet, low and mid-back pain... I guess it's all normal. I'm thankful that I'm not nauseated, but still can't believe that my symptoms are so strong and I'm so uncomfortable and I still have almost 2 months to go!

 My husband thinks it's hilarious to start walking around me like what he thinks a fashion photographer would do, point the camera in my face and moving all fast at different angles, saying stuff like, "Oh yeah, that's good. Yep, like that! Keep posing. Smile, pretty lady." Sometimes I laugh. And sometimes I'm really pregnant, hot, uncomfortable, and hungry... so I look like this.
Two of my best girlfriends, Whitney and Jen, sent lots of awesome stuff for Bean and S this weekend. Well, Whitney visited (ie: no blog post over the weekend) and brought the stuff from Jen (and Jim!). Bean has enough clothes to probably wear 3 outfits a day for her first 3 months. And she has a sporadic sprinkling of jammies, onesies, and t-shirts for 6, 9, and 12 months. I hope that eventually, she'll fit into S' stuff, but they're so far off season that I'm not sure how it'll all work out. I guess spring and fall are pretty interchangeable as far as weather goes. I'll have to investigate the attic. S got some princess makeup (don't worry- it's for liiitttle girls), shoes, and a big sister/little sister doll set. SO CUTE! My little girls are so blessed to be so loved and I'm blessed to be loved and taken care of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!