Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Lackluster Motivation

While other moms are asking for massages, mani/pedis, or shopping sprees for Mother's Day, all I want is for my house to be clean without my having to lift a finger. So far this week, I've failed. I could just leave it all for Husband to do on Saturday, but 1) I can't stand the mess, 2) I feel like that's super mean, even though it would be my "gift," and 3) I love my husband, but the odds of his cleaning the house to my specifications are slim. Yes, we're thankful when they help. But you other Type-As out there know the truth. Mix my desire to keep the house clean with my burgeoning belly and back pain and I just can't find the motivation to do it all. I know that now is the time to rely on loved ones, ask for help, not care about the house being perfect, etc. But I'm that woman who has panic attacks when the house gets too out of hand. It's not there, yet, but I don't want it to get there because I can't handle it. Needless to say, I had this awesome list (similar to the one below) when I first started staying home and I kept up with it really well. These days, I'm lucky to get laundry done one day and the kitchen cleaned another. And let's be real... who can get ALL of those things done in 30 minutes each day? This house must be a shoebox... or the list-writer is extremely efficient and I need to take a class.
In a very perfect world, I could keep up with a list like that. But as a SAHM who has 7.5 weeks of pregnancy left to go, I need something more realistic. Does anyone else who has an insanely busy life have a chore list that works for them? If so, please feel free to email it to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!