Monday, August 26, 2013

Thought I'd Fix That {FundayMonday Link-Up}

One of my sweet friends has serious "rootaphobia," ie: the fear of roots showing when hair color grows out. I was drying my hair on Saturday night, thinking to myself, "I'd really freak her out right now." After seeing my friend at church, yesterday morning, and mentioning how I thought about her when I was eyeing the serious crisis condition that my hair was in, she said, "Why don't you just go darker?" 
That seemed so easy. Why didn't I think of that before?
So, I took myself to my personal playground (Sally's), had a little conversation with a staff member (I always ask for someone who is a certified stylist), and we decided (ahem, I'd already decided, but just wanted to make sure she suggested the same thing - and she did) that I should do an all over color and tone it. My hair always pulls warm/golden/red tones, so I knew I'd have some red after dying it. I went with Wella 7A, Smokey Light Ash Blonde. I always use ash color on my hair because of the natural golden tendency. Just so you can grasp where I was and where I went, I started as a Wella 12A (level 10 is considered blondest blonde on most color scales). Going to a 7A was a scary jump, but my natural color is a 7. I'll have to get some outside/natural light photos for you because my yellow bathroom at night isn't really giving a good idea of what my color looks like. I did some before and after for you, though! Let me know what you think.
 Before:
(For those of you have have rootaphobia, don't look!)
Before/After:
After:
(The middle photo is my natural color.)
You can clearly see that I still have a lot of golden tones in my hair, which is from its natural tendency, but also because I dyed some seriously bright hair. I haven't toned, yet, and I want to give it a week to do it's thing in the wash before I go buy more product. Overall, I'm pleased with the outcome and pray that this will help me keep my hands out of the hair dye aisle for a bit. I'm so wishy washy when it comes to my hair color and as much as I'd like to just be able to pick up and go to the salon whenever I want a change, that's not in our budget. Next time I think I'm going to have a nervous breakdown, just tell me to go eat a piece of chocolate and not to dye my hair.

Linking up with Still Being Molly and Lipgloss & Crayons for FundayMonday!
still being [molly]



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!