Wednesday, September 11, 2013

What I Ate Wednesday: Add Kale!

azLeft or center justified, y'all? I cannot decide. Seriously, the things I think about...
Last night, I made a quick, delicious, and healthy dinner that I wanted to share with you! I don't have a fancy name for it, so maybe you could name it. This meal will be a staple in our house from now on. Well, except that Sadie said (and I quote), "This is disgusting. Don't make this recipe ever again." Norah double fisted it, and Hubs and I enjoyed it, so 3/4 isn't bad. Sadie'll come around.

Ingredients:
- 16 oz whole wheat spaghetti (or any shape pasta you like)
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 2-4 garlic cloves, minced
- a whole bunch of kale, destemmed (I used bagged, so only had to toss some stem pieces)
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 + 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste

Directions: 
1. Cook pasta in salted water to al dente, drain
2. Saute onion and garlic in 2T olive oil for 3 minutes, or until onions begin to look translucent
3. Add half of your kale and wilt completely, but don't overcook- you still want the vivid green color
4. Dump kale, onions, and garlic back into pasta pot, add pasta on top
5. Add the remainder of your kale and the diced tomatoes and wilt
6. Throw the kale and tomatoes on top of the pasta, add the other 2T of olive oil, S & P and toss
7. Serve hot and add some grated parmesan on top if you'd like!
 This has also been my go-to lunch, lately. A friend introduced me to it and I cant get enough! My version is spinach, blueberries, deli roasted turkey breast, feta, almond slices, and the dressing is really what makes it! It's Breanna's (I think...) all natural Poppy Seed dressing. And it's the full fat, real deal. So, I literally drizzle it for a hint of flavor. There is an enormous heap of spinach down there!
So, what are we naming my delicious pasta? I found a recipe that suggested the kale and tomatoes, but didn't end up following the rest, so that went out the window and I made something all my own!


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!