Monday, October 21, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Muddy Buddies #FundayMonday

Y'all, I have been a terrible bloggess over the last week. Both girls were so, so sick with high fevers and all the other ugly things. Apologies for leaving the blog on the back burner, but sometimes, when I'm changing a diaper every thirty minutes and snuggling a Bug with a 103 temperature, nothing else really matters. AND, today, I'm cohosting Funday Monday with Molly and Carly! Shame, shame for posting so late! I even had this all ready for you last night, but forgot to schedule. Neither here nor there, because all you'll care about after reading on is stuffing your face.
I volunteered to make some sort of "mix" to sell at my school's fall Umbrella Market next week, so, naturally, I chose to make muddy buddies- something I've never tried my hand at before yesterday. We have a week to perfect my recipe, but these turned out so well that I don't think I'll change a darn thing. I scoured the internet for a perfect fall muddy buddy recipe and couldn't find any that sounded good to me, so I decided to use wet ingredients, Chex, and dry ingredients of my choice and hope for the best.
Pumpkin Chocolate Muddy Buddies
Ingredients:
- 1 box Cinnamon Chex
- 1 jar chocolate hazelnut spread (I used JIF)
- 1/2 14.5oz can pumpkin
- 1/2 c. white chocolate chips
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1-2 t. pumpkin pie spice

Directions:
1. Melt white chocolate chips.
2. Stir in chocolate hazelnut spread and pumpkin.
3. Pour in Chex and coat well.
4. Dump powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice into a 1 gallon zip closure bag and combine.
5. Pour Chex mixture into bag, seal, and shake.
6. Pour out onto cookie sheets and let dry.
7. Enjoy! Or you can store in air tight containers for up to two weeks in the refrigerator. 

Are you drooling, yet? These are seriously mouthwateringly delicious. Norah kept walking back to me, saying, "Yummy? Yummy. YUMMY!!!" We are going to put 2 cups of the mixture into cute little plastic bags and tie a recipe tag on with a festive ribbon. So cute! Let me know if you try these!

And here's some more awesome information about Funday Monday! Please join us!
monday-funday-button-original-size
Thanks for stopping by, and welcome to all our new friends from IFB.....we are stoked to have you!
 
A few of our favs from last week:
The Rules for #FundayMonday Link-Ups:
1. Follow your hosts Molly @ still being [molly] , Carly @ Lipgloss & Crayons , and your guest hosts for the week Dani Rose of Sincerely, Dani Rose and Kimberley Anne of A Little Bit of This. 2.Grab a button and / or post a link back here in your BLOG POST (NOT your blog’s main page) so your readers know what all the #fundaymonday-ness is about. We love you guys linking up and we do go through and read all your posts… so if you do not give credit, we will have to remove your link. That’s no fun, right? Right. So be nice and share a link! Pretty please?  3.  Link your blog post up using the linky tool below! It can be ANYTHING! An outfit post, a giveaway, a story, a recipe, whatever. Why? Cause it’s #fundaymonday! 4. Visit a blog or four that you’ve never been to before and leave a #fundaymonday comment – you never know, you might “meet” someone new that you will lurve! 5. Have fun! Cause it's Monday!
Want to cohost #Fundaymonday? We are currently accepting weekly cohosts..........please email us at carlybrydon@gmail.com for more info!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!