Thursday, November 28, 2013

So Thankful

I wish I had a photo montage of all the things that I'm thankful for. No one likes a blog post without pictures. The truth is, this year, I'm thankful for simply everything. I couldn't break down and do the month of thankfulness, posting one thing for which I'm thankful, to facebook, each day. I wake up in the morning, groggy and exhausted, and my feet hit the floor. From that moment, forward, I am literally busting at the seams with gratitude. I have a family that extends so much grace and forgiveness to me, children that think I'm pretty much the coolest thing since sliced bread, even when I'm struggling to get so much as a sandwich on the table by dinner time some nights. I have a husband, whom, despite weight gain, exhaustion, and sometimes sheer laziness to impress on my behalf, still thinks I'm beautiful and worthy of his love and affection. I have a home, a closet brimming with clothes (even when I think I have nothing to wear), enough laundry to go three or more weeks without having to wash for the whole family (I've tested this theory), friends who would literally drop everything they were doing to come to my rescue. I have a job that is truly my calling, where I am happy to go and share my love and talents, and where Monday never seems dreadful. I have a boss and coworker who literally Light.Up.My.Life. I mean, the list goes on. There's nothing to be ungrateful for. 

Most of all, I am thankful for God's never ending, unconditional, great big love. His Grace, His expectations of me, His answers, His voice. He is the reason for everything in the first paragraph and the reason I wake up every morning with a huge, goofy smile on my face. He's the reason I call my mom to wish her "Happy Monday" or "Happy Friday" or "Happy week!" He is everything in the whole universe and He is my number one. Without Him, I'd have nothing. So, with Him, I truly have everything. There's no photo montage for that. Open your eyes and look around you. It's all from Him.

Happy Thanksgiving, sweet friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!