Saturday, February 22, 2014

A Splash of Color

There is a certain level of disheveled, after a day with 27 preschoolers, that I cannot apologize for. Take it for what you will, but these photos were taken after work. I've been dying (or dyeing- hah) to take these tights out and make them work for an outfit that's appropriate for something other than an 80s throwback party. I mean, let's be serious- neon tie dye tights? Yes, they're amazing. Yes, they're comfortable. And yes, for the love of color, they are SO ME. However, they are not an every day staple or basic. Agree? I figured if I chose a simple black palette and accessorized with another solid that pulled from the tights, I could pull them off. With the peekaboo tie dye just showing at the knee, I think I made them totally work appropriate. Now, to be fair, I work at a preschool where I can literally wear anything from a suit to yoga pants. I figured the kids would think they were pretty awesome, so I gave it a shot. Turns out, my very stylish boss loved them, too! #winning ... Do people still do that?
 dress/oxford/belt: Old Navy, boots: Diba, tights: c/o We Love Colors
What's something you love to wear, but might be afraid to wear to work? How could you style it so you could pull it off? I'd love to hear! Maybe you'll inspire me to wear something else crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!