Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pumpkin Spice

First, please note my keys in the doorknob. Great photo prop, yes? 
I've taken notice of my boss' style, at work, and we're very similar in the sense that we like to be comfortable, but visually interesting and creative. She is a master layerer. Er er er. Er? I'm big on cardigans for the cooler months so that I can still wear my tanks and shells, but thought I'd take her lead and try layering something under a shell for a change. I'm really loving how comfortable this outfit turned out to be and how I didn't have to worry about getting too hot with a sweater and then bearing my arms. I'm not one for tank tops in a teaching environment, but that's just because I'm not comfortable with my upper arms. I just picked this top up at Target last week for $16.99. I'm really loving the gorgeous, rich pumpkin spice color. And it's just long enough that I'm comfortable wearing some thick leggings!
My favorite thing about this top, other than the color, is the contrasting fabrics (show on right). There's a rayon panel in the middle of the polyester. It's all surprisingly soft and breathable, but I guess fabric has come a long way since the 70s. I hear polyester was hot and itchy back then. I wouldn't know, though. Heehee.
I'm definitely looking forward to more fall colors and doing some more layering for the cooler months. What do you think about this way of layering a sleeveless top? Would you do it? Have any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!