Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Happy 30th Birthday, My Love

Ten years ago, we took a trip from Longwood to Virginia Tech, to celebrate your 20th birthday. We hung out with friends, went to the UConn game, and fell even more in love. It was only two months into our relationship and I don't know about you, but I was completely head over heels, 100% positive I'd be marrying you. Remember this? I bet you'll never have anything with an artificial apple flavor, again. Hah.
We continued dating, falling more in love, and somehow, I convinced you that marrying me would be a good idea. I'm still not exactly sure how I got so lucky. You're really the best. Do you know that? So, we rented a little apartment. And then, we bought a house.
And then, I used my smooth charm and convinced you that we should have a baby. Somehow, I was lucky enough for you to agree. So, Sadie joined our little family.
 And right from the start, you were a soft and safe landing place for our baby girl.
 You made sure to teach her the utmost importance of Hokie Football from a very young age.
 ... And that reading the Toys 'R Us ad right before Christmas time is pretty much the best thing, ever.
 You made her feel like she was on top of the world.
When Sadie was almost three, we decided we hadn't been alone in a long time, so we took a fancy little vacation for our five year wedding anniversary. You treated yourself to an orange Camaro since we'd be celebrating your birthday in the mountains, as well. We had such an awesome time, visiting museums, eating delicious food, playing mini-golf, having surprise bear sightings, taking selfie shots, and you reminded me several times that this was not a vacation for baby making. You knew what was on my mind.
Our anniversary dinner was courtesy of my sweet brother and we went to the Melting Pot for the first time. While we waited for the bus to come pick us up at the bottom of our mountain, this photo sesh happened. Looking at these goofy shots just brings so much joy and reminds me of why we're such a good team.
I obliged to the vacation rules, but shortly after, I finally convinced you that baby #2 was a great idea. So, Norah joined our family.
And you got to be the first one to formally introduce our babies to each other. I can't imagine how proud you were in this moment.
And just like Sadie, Norah has a soft and safe landing place, right on Daddy's chest. With you, our girls will always feel like they are protected.
You have blessed me in more ways than I can possibly keep track of. You're a hardworking, loving, dedicated, committed, and passionate man and I am the luckiest woman in the world that you chose me. Thank you for creating this little family with me and for doing everything in your will to protect, provide for, support, and love us. You are the center of this home and we surround you with love, gratefulness, and adoration.
Happy 30th birthday, my love.
Those things I said were jokes, by the way. I don't want to trade you in one bit!
Can't wait to celebrate our anniversary on Monday!



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like Ke$ha (minus the craziness and whatnot), YOUR LOVE is my drug!